Voom Program Uninstall (Windows XP with SP2)

piperut

SatelliteGuys Guru
Original poster
Mar 3, 2005
Hi Folks,

Last night the Voom program that I have installed on my computer popped up with saying there was a new message. It has instructions on how to uninstall it.

However, if you click on the link - Windows IE blocks the link. You really have a couple of choices. You can copy the link into another web browser.
(You have to do this before you click on the link, if you have click on the link restart the voom program and then copy it into anther web browser - then do a manual download of the uninstall program.)

Or you can go through all the hoops to make M$ IE download and install a .exe program. (I have done this once, it is not a fun thing to do.) My advice it to try to avoid doing it this way, but if you have to ... well it can be done.

There are other web browsers - Firefox and Netscape can be downloaded for free. Opera has a free version (but you have to put up with ads with their free version), and Opera has a pay version with no ads.

I have downloaded the uninstall program... I have not uninstalled the Voom program yet. I am sad to see Voom go.

roland

I have received the same Voom Uninstall program on my computer. I have Windows XP with SP2 also. You can download the program or just run the program and uninstall it as i did.

could someone post a link to the uninstall program. I may have removed the app already as no longer have desktop shortcut but want to make sure
Thx in advance

piperut said:
Hi Folks,
Or you can go through all the hoops to make M$ IE download and install a .exe program. (I have done this once, it is not a fun thing to do.) My advice it to try to avoid doing it this way, but if you have to ... well it can be done.

There are other web browsers - Firefox and Netscape can be downloaded for free. Opera has a free version (but you have to put up with ads with their free version), and Opera has a pay version with no ads.

You cant be serious..

Either you know nothing about IE and computers in general or you are just an anti M$ person trying to increase the Firefox and NutScrape install base.

Why don't you suggest using a MAC to download the program or installing Linux and getting rid of windows.. :mad:

Im not sure but I think its either hold down Shift key or control key when you click a link in IE to overide the blocker.

it is the control key.. plus you can always click on the little bar at the top of the page and tell it to open the pop-up.

zombie said:
You cant be serious..

Either you know nothing about IE and computers in general or you are just an anti M$ person trying to increase the Firefox and NutScrape install base.

Why don't you suggest using a MAC to download the program or installing Linux and getting rid of windows.. :mad:

There is no call to be insulting. I am just posting my experience trying to install a program off the internet once I installed SP2. It was a royal pain.

Now it might have been the program. It might have been SP2. I might have been some other security programs I have installed. It could have been all of the above. I just didn't like the experience.

But it appears that trying to be helpful to people is not wanting on here, so I guess I should not post anything at all.

roland

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts