VOOM Programming NOT Impressive

bookwalk

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Feb 10, 2005
AFter having been a VOOM subscriber and now after 1 1/2 years of DISH's version of VOOM, I could really do without it. I do not see the movie content we had with the original VOOM. It is heavily slanted away from Family viewing--Kung Fu, World and Film Festival often overlap in the content and subject matter of the movies. The only channel that "could" have general family appeal, FAMILY ROOM runs mostly reruns of the same movies.

I have to say, after a 1 1/2 year, I guess I don't expect much better. Few of the other channels interest me or my household--ULTRA can go. Treasures is OK "sometimes" but the other stuff is mostly sports and if the new In-HD is going to be sports, too, then, after my 18 month committment, I don't know whether I will regularly pick up the HD package.

Again, the HD Lite, plus the lack of content is leaving me less and less excited about HD on DISH.

bookwalk said:
AFter having been a VOOM subscriber and now after 1 1/2 years of DISH's version of VOOM, I could really do without it. I do not see the movie content we had with the original VOOM. It is heavily slanted away from Family viewing--Kung Fu, World and Film Festival often overlap in the content and subject matter of the movies. The only channel that "could" have general family appeal, FAMILY ROOM runs mostly reruns of the same movies.

I have to say, after a 1 1/2 year, I guess I don't expect much better. Few of the other channels interest me or my household--ULTRA can go. Treasures is OK "sometimes" but the other stuff is mostly sports and if the new In-HD is going to be sports, too, then, after my 18 month committment, I don't know whether I will regularly pick up the HD package.

Again, the HD Lite, plus the lack of content is leaving me less and less excited about HD on DISH.

I'm impressed each day with VOOM programing. To each their own!

rickaren said:
I'm impressed each day with VOOM programing. To each their own!
Well I guess if you're impressed one day there's no reason not to be impressed the next since it will be the exact same programming. :)

the voom hd programming is as good as it was before with Voom DBS. check out the voom programming forum. There schedules are posted, the premieres are posted. Now if you do not like the content because it is not to your personal liking that is quite different and eveyone has different opinions as to what they like. I myself find it extremely difficult to catch up with all the stuff that they have plus the other channels. It makes my life very easy when there are repeats. But that is just me.

I think its great there is things on VOOM in HD that you cant and will not get any where else! :)

I enjoy Vooms original content, but I think my favorite HD channel is PBSHD OTA. great shows and the PQ is above and beyond anything on dish.

ddinsm said:
The FilmFest Bond month in June was damn impressive, sold all my Bond DVD's that same month....
I too loved that Bond month too. I hope they will do that every June.
Monsters & Rave are my personal favorites.
This package has a little something for almost everyone. Some don't like certain things but others do. Even I don't watch most of it but overall, it is a nice assortment of channels.

bookwalk said:

It beats not even having the option with D* as I did till today. even HDlite is better than no HD when you pick from 7 channels...except on Sundays :)

equator is probably one of my favorites overall of all hd channels. I also like the monsters and world sports channels. hdnews is alright also.

Being a huge horror movie fan, Voom is worth it just for Monsters HD alone.
I don't mind Voom channels rerunning programming because I don't have the 622 yet.
It gives me a chance to see the programs I am interested in. :D

If you ignore the number of channels that we just never watch (Treasure, Ultra, etc.), I find a good bit of stuff worthwhile on Voom. Agree that there's way to much repetition, but Rave & Rush are watched here. Filmfest has some good stuff.

Thought I'd never watch the Kung Fu channel - but then they've been doing the Awi Kurasoua (I know the spelling is wrong here - too early in the morning) movies that are great stuff (saw Rashamon earlier this month). To each his own....

David Dietzel said:
Every channel has shows that disinterest me.

The Voom channels are no different. Some crap, some gems.

Overall, Voom has more gems than crap.

Voom is worth the bandwidth.

I really wish they would bring back the VOOM movie theme channels like

Haha
Documentary
Vice
Gunslingers

I thought having the 10 movie multiplex was a great idea...there was always a movie on that you could watch...I would settle for GuyTV which was a combination of the channels like KungFU, Vice, Gunslingers etc...

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)