VOOM Raised Prices 8-1 (VOOM Dealers reply)

windpiper

Original poster
Jul 2, 2004
I became a voom dealer about a month ago and still haven't sold any and now that they raised there pricing and a installation fee of $199 I will never sell the 3 systems that I got as a dealer package and get stuck paying $537 each system if not activated in 60 days and that sucks but they said they will refund me the $537 if I activate them and how with these prices.
I spent about a thosand dollars in local advertising and flyers too which the flyers are no good now with there new pricing.
Voom is just going to bury them selfs by raiseing there prices like that.
They should extend the 60 days to 120 days at least maybe then the Voom dealers would have a chance.Any other voom dealers please reply.

Changed the title a little so that it does not resemble the thread that already deals with the price increase. windpiper, which area are you located? The $0 is still in effect until this friday. I know that's not 60 days...

You should focus on the positive. No other provider offers so many HD channels. Surely you can find 3 people that have HD televisions in your area that are in need of HD programming. When they get Voom they will spread the word to their friends and family, and if they have a good experience with you providing the installation and support they will recommend you too.

Don't fear. It is built and they will come.

Hmm...

I've been in sales for many years now and I'm not quite sure how someone couldn't sell 3 systems in 2 months with absolutely NO costs to the customer up front. I figure even in a remote area you should be able to come up with someone who'd be willing to try it out. Heck, how about any employees you have? What about friends and family? I don't think it's terribly hard to seel that concept.

You are correct about one thing, however, if you cannot sell them when it's free (essentially) then you're not going to sell it with a $199 up front installation.

The Rickster

They did well publish that prices were going to go up as of August 1 after renewing their original offer two times. it wa suppose to have run out May 30th. Seems to me I would have sold the 3 systems first before printing and advertising. I also think that 3 systems should not have been hard to sell. Hell....go to any HD TV dealer in your area and he could give you a list of customers you could have contacted.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts