Voom Rip: 11-04-2003 - 4-30-2005

Sean Mota

SatelliteGuys Master
Original poster
Supporting Founder
Sep 8, 2003
New York City
A year and 5 months it is all that it took for VOOM to be born and die. You know the irony of it all is that now is when VOOM should have been launched since in 11/04/03 the boxes were not ready with a lot bugs, their marketing scheme was not competitive and the content was not extensive. Now that a lot of those pieces are in place, the whole system is shutdown. The American way --- show me the $$$ in 17 months else you are out of the door. Too bad...

P.S. I guess I am just ranting. I just finished speaking to my friend who also has VOOM and did not know anything about the shutdown. His initial response was but it is the best out there. Yeah but it is shutting down.

I feel exactly the same way. This is going to be spun so many different ways. The locals who have been putting off updating to HD will feel vidicated. I suppose even Charlie E is saying tonight "You see? I was right". If they just could have hung in there a while longer......

This is pretty depressing. I am not sure whether to go with TWC, Direct or Dish. I am leaning towards cable because they are offering a pretty good deal on an HD DVR. However, I still have a DirecTV HD receiver from before I switched to Voom. But I remember their miniscule HD offering and it's just painful for me to go back to them. I guess I still have about 22 days to make up my mind.

A lot of work was put into expanding the channel lineup over the past several weeks. All the while, the employees were certain that something was up Charlie D's sleeve, since the work continued. So it was pretty much completed this week, both on the air for customers and on updated equipment for workers. This bomb seems strange to drop this way. Makes no sense. Yet makes perfect sense. $$$$$

The American Way is also to abandon something if it needs work and care to cultivate. Checked out our schools lately? EVERY child left behind.

joep said:
This is pretty depressing. I am not sure whether to go with TWC, Direct or Dish. I am leaning towards cable because they are offering a pretty good deal on an HD DVR. However, I still have a DirecTV HD receiver from before I switched to Voom. But I remember their miniscule HD offering and it's just painful for me to go back to them. I guess I still have about 22 days to make up my mind.

Just my opinion...E* HD line-up is poor. D* offering is better but still not worth the 10.99 a month. Again, just my 2 cents. Check the D* line-up versus your local cable and go from there.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)