Voom Self Install

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

dancewithmice

Original poster
Jan 29, 2005
The installers in our area suck. Five attempts to get them to show up failed. The only one that showed up at all told us to get directv instead. Voom must not be paying them, or DTV is giving them kick backs for new customers.

Anyway, does anyone know a way to do a Voom self install? Is there anyplace I can buy the equipment and install it myself and subscribe? I keep seeing posts that say the stuff for sale on ebay can't be subscribed. Is there any retail or web dealer that will sell voom equipment that can be self installed and subscribed?

dancewithmice said:
The installers in our area suck. Five attempts to get them to show up failed. The only one that showed up at all told us to get directv instead. Voom must not be paying them, or DTV is giving them kick backs for new customers.

Anyway, does anyone know a way to do a Voom self install? Is there anyplace I can buy the equipment and install it myself and subscribe? I keep seeing posts that say the stuff for sale on ebay can't be subscribed. Is there any retail or web dealer that will sell voom equipment that can be self installed and subscribed?

what do you live?

dancewithmice said:

Where do you live?

install ft lauderdale

call dimond satelites 954-746-1012, they did a good job for me, good luck..

RUBEN SENDEREY said:
call dimond satelites 954-746-1012, they did a good job for me, good luck..

If your install work order is coming though Install Inc call them and request that this company do your install . 888-987-3474

tired of it

I'm really just tired of trying to get installers to show up. Does VOOM support any self install options? Judging by the prices of used equipment, I assume they don't resubscribe used receivers - is that correct?

dancewithmice said:
I'm really just tired of trying to get installers to show up. Does VOOM support any self install options? Judging by the prices of used equipment, I assume they don't resubscribe used receivers - is that correct?
Correct.

The logic of refusing to turn on used receivers escapes me. Seems high handed, arbitrary and flat-out greedy to me. DirecTV did not hesitate to turn on the 2 STBs I bought on eBay. This is just terrible public relations. I can't take my eyes off of HDTV! I was ready to give VOOM a try until I found out about this policy. With all the expense they go to to sell their service it is amazing that they pee on those of us that wish to self-install.

I must add, However, that D* does not allow self-install of their Direct-way Internet system. In this case there is a very good reason It uses a transmitter to up-link the return path to the ISP. If the dish were not exactly aligned and cross-poled, or the transmitter were to come up on the wrong frequency, serious interference would occur to some other service. Thus they only allow installs by those explicitly trained and certified in the specific procedures for bringing up a transmit station.

Tony N

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)