Voom Serves Up Hi-Def Meat Loaf

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

Sean Mota

SatelliteGuys Master
Original poster
Supporting Founder
Sep 8, 2003
New York City
Voom Serves Up Hi-Def Meat Loaf
Digital Video Editing [FONT=verdana,sans-serif][SIZE=-2]Mon, 21 May 2007 3:38 PM PDT[/SIZE][/FONT]
(Broadcasting & Cable) _ High-definition programmer and Rainbow subsidiary VOOM HD Networks is teaming with independent production firm Atlas Media Corp. to create an HD documentary focused on the robust rock star Meat Loaf.

RAVE HD TO PRESENT U.S. PREMIERE OF
MEAT LOAF: IN SEARCH OF PARADISE
EXCLUSIVE DOCUMENTARY FILM PRESENTS
INTIMATE BEHIND-THE-SCENES LOOK
AT ROCK ICON ON WORLDWIDE TOUR
VOOM HD Network’s Rave HD—the first and only 24/7 high definition music channel—will present the U.S. television premiere of Meat Loaf: In Search of Paradise, a special documentary event. Co-produced by Atlas Media Corp., one of the country’s largest and most influential independent producers of non-fiction television content, the film features exclusive behind-the-scenes access of Meat Loaf and his band and presents an intimate portrait of the rock icon as he prepares for an 18-month worldwide tour.
Directed by Bruce David Klein, Meat Loaf: In Search of Paradise captures all of the vibrant, emotional and often intense moments both on and off stage throughout the singer’s rehearsals, opening shows and ultimately, the first leg of his most ambitious worldwide tour to date. The film witnesses Meat Loaf battle time, budget and determination, all for the sake of putting on the best show possible for his passionate legion of fans.
Utilizing VOOM HD Network’s state-of-the-art technology, Meat Loaf: In Search of Paradise will be presented in Dolby Digital 5.1 surround sound audio and in pristine high definition video to make the concert experience come to life. Of the audio/visual experience, VOOM General Manager Greg Moyer says, “This project allows us to offer our audience a dynamic and star-powered documentary that capitalizes on the 5.1 surround sound audio opening the eyes of the critical tastemakers and general consumers alike, to the profound and immersive power of the emerging HDTV experience.”
“Rave HD is the first high definition music channel offering a new way to experience televised music performance. The channel is a 24/7 high-definition destination for commercial-free programming maximizing the visual power and beauty of the high-definition medium accompanied with Dolby Digital 5.1 surround sound,” said Sal LoCurto, VP of Programming and Acquisitions for Rave HD. “This Meat Loaf documentary delivers an inside look into what goes on behind-the-scenes of a rock tour. This project marks an important programming development for the channel as we continue in our mission to be the premiere brand for music, concert experiences and artists interviews all in HD.”
Meat Loaf first earned massive critical and commercial acclaim with his 1977 debut Bat Out of Hell. Produced by Todd Rundgren, the album produced three Top 40 singles—“Two Out of Three Ain’t Bad,” “Paradise by the Dashboard Light” and “You Took the Words Right Out of My Mouth”—and became one of the best-selling albums of the decade. Meat Loaf also acheived tremendous success with 1993’s Bat Out of Hell II: Back into Hell, which sold over five million copies and spawned the massive hit single “I’d Do Anything for Love (But I Won’t Do That).” Apart from his success as a musician, Meat Loaf has also acted on Broadway and appeared in over 50 movies or television shows including memorable roles in The Rocky Horror Picture Show and Fight Club.

Loaf rocks! I've seen him a few times and was blown away.

I've been waiting for him to come back, but his summer tour dates seem to only be east coast. :mad:

This is kinda odd to have a press release about a show with no air-date though.

My intro to Meatloaf was at the college where I taught. I was to present a couple of films I produced in the auditorium one night and got cancelled at the last minute. Meatloaf, called the college that day and said they were in the area and wanted to perform. This was in the mid 70's I recall. So the college cancelled me but never told me, and when I arrived I was shocked at the turnout for "my films" :) That was when I was told of the last minute changes. So I stayed and really enjoyed the show.
Funny how the word spread around campus to bring out such a crowd at the last minute.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)