VOOM should offer HD super station package

richard_rd

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Jul 22, 2004
VOOM should offer a super station package like Dish Network does, but offer them in HD if available!!!! wether they are part of the basic or vavavoom or an extra fee (like dish network does $5/month) does not matter to me, my point is the channels should be added. Good programming, MLB Baseball, and possibly HD content, and more liberal zoning rules by the FCC because they are considered Super Stations and not local chanels (most subs should be eligable for them).

I think most of these stations broadcast some HD programing and also HD baseball games. Since these stations are considered Super Stations like TNT (Atlanta) they can be made available to most subscribers nation wide!!! DishNetwork charges $5 for the package of 5, or $1.50 each a-la-cart, I get WGN for met games from dish (SD 0nly, but it is avalable in HD OTA in NY so i would think that voom could use the HD signal if they paid for it!!!). WGN-Chicago is part of dish's regular lineup (sd only), but also does cubs in HD OTA.

Any people that live in these cities and get the stations OTA, please tell us if they show any programing in HD OTA!!!! :)

Dish Network package of 5 for $5/month:
NEW YORK WWOR
NEW YORK WPIX (currently doing mets in HD OTA)
BOSTON WSBK (redsox HD????)
DENVER KWGN (rockies HD???)
LOS ANGELES KTLA (dodgers HD???)
----------------------------------------------

Chicago WGN (currently doing Cubs in HD OTA)

Are the braves shown on TNT or TBS, if it is TBS then that should be added as a superstation also to the voom lineup in HD if available.

roachxp said:
We already have TNT in HD.

I know that lol, just did not remember if braves were shown on TNT or TBS.

Also TNT-HD should be renamed TNT-UMOTTWFFP (upconverted most of the time with fat fuzzy people :) ) , what a waste of HD bandwidth, C'mon Ted, spend some of those billions on a department that transfers movies to HD instead of just upcoverting and streching them!!!!

richard_rd said:
I know that lol, just did not remember if braves were shown on TNT or TBS.

Also TNT-HD should be renamed TNT-UMOTTWFFP (upconverted most of the time with fat fuzzy people :) ) , what a waste of HD bandwidth, C'mon Ted, spend some of those billions on a department that transfers movies to HD instead of just upcoverting and streching them!!!!

Gladiator looked excellent last night, would of recorded it but dam snowstorm had me cleaning the dish every 2 hours.

I love TNT's movies on the weekends. Its a ch that has improved a great deal since it came on the air. Gladiator was a treat this weekend.

richard_rd said:
Any people that live in these cities and get the stations OTA, please tell us if they show any programing in HD OTA!!!! :)

Dish Network package of 5 for $5/month:
NEW YORK WWOR
NEW YORK WPIX (currently doing mets in HD OTA)
BOSTON WSBK (redsox HD????)
DENVER KWGN (rockies HD???)
LOS ANGELES KTLA (dodgers HD???)
----------------------------------------------

LOS ANGELES KTLA broadcasts HD OTA.

Altho' I've never heard KTLA referred to as a superstation before.

SKrueger said:
LOS ANGELES KTLA broadcasts HD OTA.

Altho' I've never heard KTLA referred to as a superstation before.

It is part of the superstation pack from E*.

bruce said:
It is part of the superstation pack from E*.

The main benifit for DishNetwork in getting those channels classified as super stations is they don't have to honnor the FCC zoning rules and treat it as a local channel (i.e. all subs are eligable for it, even though it is treated as a local channel in the host city).

crash331 said:
TBS is a superstation, or alteast that's what all it's ads say.

Their are two different TBS ( and WGN also ) the local version and the superstation version.

Well, I am in atlanta, so I guess I get the local one. But it always says stuff like "Tonight at 7, Friends, Seinfeld, Friends on your TBS Superstaion."

crash331 said:
Well, I am in atlanta, so I guess I get the local one. But it always says stuff like "Tonight at 7, Friends, Seinfeld, Friends on your TBS Superstaion."

The only thing I know about the local TBS is I heard they show Braves games in HD, don't know if true or not.
The local WGN does show Cubs games in HD and they show the WB programing while the WGN superstation has different programs.

Ill let you know about Brvaes HD as soon as they start. I think I get TBS with a weak signal OTA, but I can't remember.

Braves home games in HD

crash331 said:
Ill let you know about Brvaes HD as soon as they start. I think I get TBS with a weak signal OTA, but I can't remember.
If you get TBS you need to keep your VHF/UHF antenna. You should be able to get channel 11 (NBC) on digital channel 10. And, back on subject, the Braves home games (only, so far) are all in HD since the end of June or early July 2004.

Edit: I've never seen any other program shown in HD on TBS.

richard_rd said:
The main benifit for DishNetwork in getting those channels classified as super stations is they don't have to honnor the FCC zoning rules and treat it as a local channel (i.e. all subs are eligable for it, even though it is treated as a local channel in the host city).

That is why if they offer enough of them you can piece together your own baseball package without needing to spend $150 on Extra Innings....

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)