Voom Should Think Outside The Box

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

pdqbobe

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Feb 20, 2004
Voom Should Think Outside The Box And Needs To Change The Box

Voom needs to think outside the box......Why don't they try a different manufactor for the Sat recieve...Sony, Samsung, etc. I have had Voom since 2/28/04 with 2 firmware hits and it still needs more help....The sound, the PG, favorite options and elimanate channels not wanted , and the mapping OTA ........Voom should try to think outside the box and try another manufactor period.....Motorola is dragging its feet.

Now for the good news I did save money on my car insurance. :D

I believe it was mentioned that other manufacturers will be coming other than Motorola. So this will be reality. I do not know a time schedule but it has been mentioned.

My guess is this Wilt guy has stock in Motorola
and Sean, you're pissing in the wind, just like the new downloads you speak of which No one has gotten

rkr0923 said:
and Sean, you're pissing in the wind, just like the new downloads you speak of which No one has gotten

This is very constructive.... :rolleyes:

pdqbobe said:
....The sound
What's wrong with the sound? Granted, the Cinema10 channels are not the greatest, but look at the source. The LFE on The Grid nearly through me off my couch the other night. The sound on Rave is awesome with the Soundstage concerts.

What the hell is wrong with the sound it's better than freaking DVD...

Dvlos said:
What the hell is wrong with the sound it's better than freaking DVD...

The sound level is the problem. The variation between channels is very annoying. If you run all your TV sound through the stereo it is much harder on the ears when the sound is real high after you change the channel.

If you are using a plasma TV (no TV tuner) there is no way around this.

DarrellP said:
The LFE on The Grid nearly through me off my couch the other night.

The sound on The Grid was really up there on Dish also,they had a little thing at the botton after it said available in HD then it said the best sound in HD or something like that I just think they had the Dial Norm set a little higher in DB's kinda like how Sony sets theirs a little low I think at a -4,thats what it said on my Integra when Charlies Angels 2 was on,it said +4 Dial Norm for Salem's Lot when it was on.

rkr0923 said:

Ouch! Nice of you to add such an intellectually stimulating comment to the mix.
You must be standing downwind from Sean.

Seawaves said:
Can we change the title of this thread to "Voom should think about a new box"?
Good call, Seawaves, Voom is already thinking "Outside the Box" IMHO. ;)

be carefull ofpissing in the wind

THE STORY: A man from Tucson Arizona was visiting Windy Point, a cliff overlook on Mt Lemmon. Because so many tourists flock to the site, a steel safety fence had been installed to prevent hapless folk from slipping off the cliff. The weather was terrible, and nobody was there except the man. Believing himself to be alone, he decided to urinate through the bars of the fence over the cliff face below.

As he urinated, lightning from a powerful desert thunderstorm struck the fence, which made a perfect lightning rod due to its size and location. The charge traveled through the fence to the ground, but also up the mans urine stream causing his penis to explode...

THE FACTS: Windy Point does in fact exist. There is indeed a large metal wrought-iron fence in place at the edge of the cliff. Thunderstorms are common in late summer, and lightning strikes are very common throughout the area at that time. That fence would be a prime target.

sorry couldnt resist IS YOUR DISH GROUNDED?
VIVA VAVOOM!!!!!!!!!!!!! :D

Attachments

• piissin.gif
    piissin.gif
    13.1 KB · Views: 200
How the hell did this go to "sound"??
btw I hear Tonka, Fisher Price and Tandy are gonna make a Voom STB

If you want to change history on the title thread .....let me know.....
I have a lip syn in the sound area and sound varys with some channels.....But the lip syn is terrible.......Has anyone had this problem....I use a Harmon Kardon 1001 reciever and when I change channels sometimes it does nothing just blinks. I change to another channel and back to get sound but the ______lip syn does bother me.
Voom=HD

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)