Voom Sink or Swim

andrzej said:
Really, you should try to see the HD world on a somewhat smaller, more typical screen DarrellP. ;)

When HD is done correctly, it will look good no matter the screen size. Sounds like you have screen envy. :p

joemama said:
When HD is done correctly, it will look good no matter the screen size. Sounds like you have screen envy. :p

No envy here. My 50 inch plasma is big enough for me and mosquito noise is not something that I need to be embarrassed about when my friends come over to watch HD programming. As I said before, I don't expect Voom to put much effort into tweaking their PQ to satisfy people like DarrellP with 9 foot or bigger screens. Sorry DarrellP. :)

andrzej said:
No envy here. My 50 inch plasma is big enough for me and mosquito noise is not something that I need to be embarrassed about when my friends come over to watch HD programming. As I said before, I don't expect Voom to put much effort into tweaking their PQ to satisfy people like DarrellP with 9 foot or bigger screens. Sorry DarrellP. :)

While my modest 92" screen isn't quite as big as DarrllP's, I have to agree with him. It really bugs me to see video that isn't as good as it could be because of overcompression and low bandwidth(sat) or a poor transfer(dvd). To me it looks like the trend in HD tv's is they keep getting bigger.

What is zoom I know me and allot of my friendsd have never heard of zoom is it good to it get without antenna I may get zoom myself in december.

Wow

I have a INFOCUS 4805 Projector with a 106 inch drapprey screen i hope i don't experience any noise i guess i am just getting paranoid i should not worry and the install well be perfect and i will be Vooming soon. :D

andrzej said:
Bob,
in my dictionary this is called paranoia. Why don't you just relax and enjoy your life with D* or E* or cable or whatever? Your experience with Voom was not enjoyable? Ok, then you canceled. Not the end of the world as we know it. Unlike your posting here I will not chase you with my positive Voom stories. Why should I bother?

No it's not paranoia. But it is posted here to help anyone thinking of getting Voom. And like I said before, if you don't like what I write, don't read it.

Bob

Bob

Freedom of Speech i guess you could say anything you want about Voom the People that have Voom will stick with it until it Dies we all know Voom has not to many Subscribers and it might not make it but were are we going to get are HDTV. D* does not have to many HDTV channels, E* has a few HDTV Channels and we do not want to talk about Cable with there analog channels my local Time Warner has half of there channels Analog and some HDTV Channels. :D

ram1220 said:
And like I said before, if you don't like what I write, don't read it.

Bob

It's not about "liking". Besides, I read a lot of stuff that I don't like. Anyway, I simply disagree with your assessment of Voom and I don't understand why, long after you cancelled Voom, you keep coming back and always with the same negative attitude.

SonicRob said:
Freedom of Speech i guess you could say anything you want about Voom the People that have Voom will stick with it until it Dies we all know Voom has not to many Subscribers and it might not make it but were are we going to get are HDTV. D* does not have to many HDTV channels, E* has a few HDTV Channels and we do not want to talk about Cable with there analog channels my local Time Warner has half of there channels Analog and some HDTV Channels. :D

SonicRob - Does the period key work on your keyboard? I feel like I have to take a huge breath before I read your posts just to get through the tremendous run-on sentences you post!

Period Key

Noper my period key does not work it gets jam allot need a new keyboard. :D

Yeah my Keyboard works sometimes so i guess it does work now if i could take Grammer classes to learn how to write better i feel like not posting in here because people complain. LOL :D

SonicRob said:
Yeah my Keyboard works sometimes so i guess it does work now if i could take Grammer classes to learn how to write better i feel like not posting in here because people complain. LOL :D
FYI, SonicRob, "I" should be capitalized. :D

DR Who

Dr Who did D* provide a HD Receiver or did you have to pay for one i know Voom HD receiver is free you just need to pay for the rental. :D

I Had to pay for the HD Reciever.

But when I added it all up, I will have paid it off in 10 months with the savings.

So that is a big trade off, from Vooms Free Reciever, to having to buy one.
I was very hesitant and didn't want to do it, but I didn't want to pay Voom another $10 Month come January 1st.

This Deal by Voom right now is pretty good.

Get all VOOM equipment with up to 3 receivers
• Only $1 installed! Then just $5/month per receiver! (With 6-month commitment to VOOM programming)
• Add 4th, 5th and 6th receivers: each $49 installed and $5/month

If I did the same package I have now and what I am getting with D* I would pay Voom

New monthly charges
(excluding taxes):
$79.80

As it is now, the first 3 months of D* is $51.99, next 3 $62.00, then $74.00 after the first 6 months.

So the Current Voom offer is good. And you do get more HD Channels.

Where D* in the long run is saving me a bit of money, get the HD channels I want, mainly local and sports, and more SD channels.

So it was a really tough call to go to D*, but it's worth the shot.

Voom I could always come back too if they get more channels and their prices don't much higher.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)