Voom sold customer list to E*??

Alto101

Supporting Founder
Original poster
Supporting Founder
Jan 15, 2005
Louisville, KY
I just wanted to post what happened to me yesterday when I called E* to inquire about adding another receiver to our account. We had E* installed just before Voom went dark.

The CSR I spoke with immediately after accessing my account, said "I see that you are a former Voom customer" I asked him how they knew that because I never told E* and did not sign up via their Voom offer. He said that he had no idea where his info came from, but if I did not tell E*, then Voom must have sold the list to E*.

This would explain the 15 phone calls we received from the Voom Conversion office. I basically told those people that I had already signed up for E* and to never call me again. Eventually the calls stopped but it was an annoyance. The people that called me were very ignorant about Voom and E* too.

Back to my conversation with the E* CSR. He said that he was glad that I was now with a superior provider. I expressed my opinion that both E* and Voom have advantages and disadvantages. I said that E* offers DVR's and more channels but Voom offered many more HD channels and a better customer experience. He argued that the HD channels carried by Voom which are not offered by E* are all up-converted and are garbage. I fought back by telling him even if a channel is up-converted, it still looks much much better than the SD crap you are sending out:)

I cut the argument off right then because it was a waste of time. I chose E* only because Voom went dark and did not appreciate having the E* rep say negative things about Voom.

Anyway, sorry for the long rant - I really do miss Voom :(

I work for Dish ( DNSC tech ) and I have the same feeling as you about Dish Network .. :down

R.I.P Voom .. :(

Alto101 said:
I just wanted to post what happened to me yesterday when I called E* to inquire about adding another receiver to our account. We had E* installed just before Voom went dark.

The CSR I spoke with immediately after accessing my account, said "I see that you are a former Voom customer" I asked him how they knew that because I never told E* and did not sign up via their Voom offer. He said that he had no idea where his info came from, but if I did not tell E*, then Voom must have sold the list to E*.

This would explain the 15 phone calls we received from the Voom Conversion office. I basically told those people that I had already signed up for E* and to never call me again. Eventually the calls stopped but it was an annoyance. The people that called me were very ignorant about Voom and E* too.

Back to my conversation with the E* CSR. He said that he was glad that I was now with a superior provider. I expressed my opinion that both E* and Voom have advantages and disadvantages. I said that E* offers DVR's and more channels but Voom offered many more HD channels and a better customer experience. He argued that the HD channels carried by Voom which are not offered by E* are all up-converted and are garbage. I fought back by telling him even if a channel is up-converted, it still looks much much better than the SD crap you are sending out:)

I cut the argument off right then because it was a waste of time. I chose E* only because Voom went dark and did not appreciate having the E* rep say negative things about Voom.

Anyway, sorry for the long rant - I really do miss Voom :(
:down

Well if you look at another thead, E* bought a minority interest in VOOM so I am sure the customer list came with it.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts