Voom sponsored by Yahoo! and Google...

Voom4Me

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Mar 6, 2005
New Jersey
Thought this was interesting, but I was doing a search for HDTV on Yahoo! and Google and Voom comes up as the number one hit. On both search sites the current $1 promotion comes up under the Sponsor Results section.

Not sure how long this has been the case or if anyone has mentioned this before, but I thought I’d bring it up again just in case… :D

I stand corrected...

B.Greenway said:
What your seeing is a paid ad, not the number one hit, Voom is paying to be there.
Oops… You’re right; Voom comes up as the number one Sponsor and NOT the number one hit. Which makes more sense, because although the best HDTV provider, voom would not be a good web site to visit to learn about HDTV. :)

B.Greenway...looks like excellent references!! I've bookmarked both and will go back and read them in their entireity in the next day or two. Thanks for your assistance! Vicki

Voom being promoted all over the Web…

Not sure if Voom purchased a special that landed them at the top of the "Sponsored Section" of every search engine out there, but I did the search for HDTV on just about every search site I know and Voom always came up in the top spots and always before the listings for D* and E* when they were listed. :D

Some of the sites I tried: MSN Search, Ask Jeeves, Alta Vista, Excite, Lycos!, About

P.S. Vicki, in all of my searching I came across this site on HDTV, which I found very informative. When you have some time, stop by and check it out. http://www.hdtvgalaxy.com :up

Voom4Me said:
Not sure if Voom purchased a special that landed them at the top of the "Sponsored Section" of every search engine out there, but I did the search for HDTV on just about every search site I know and Voom always came up in the top spots and always before the listings for D* and E* when they were listed. :D

Some of the sites I tried: MSN Search, Ask Jeeves, Alta Vista, Excite, Lycos!, About

P.S. Vicki, in all of my searching I came across this site on HDTV, which I found very informative. When you have some time, stop by and check it out. http://www.hdtvgalaxy.com :up

They bid on who is willing to pay the most "per click" for certain key words or phrases and that in turn determines who is number one, two, three, and so forth, when a search is done on that particular word. It ends up not being very cheap! It could be anywhere from $.05 to $75.00 or even more per click depending on the popularity, and profitability of the key word. It may not sound very expensive at a glance, but it can add up to thousands of dollars a month real quick..

Voom4Me...THANKS! Thought I had made a lot of rounds, but don't recall seeing that site, and it looks like a goodie, especially since I still have hopes of replacing my 20 (or 25)-year old 20" JVC in the bedroom...of course by the time I can do that, all current info and reviews will probably be superflouous!! :D

I've got it bookmarked, and will check it out more thoroughly! Looks like lots of great links, etc. Thanks again for the tip! Vicki :)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts