VOOM STB cables?

babakanoosh

Well-Known SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Jan 3, 2004
What cables does the VOOM STB come with?
DVI ?
Component Vid ?
Opt ?
Coax (audio) ?

Ask for both DVI and components to see what gives you better results.

Even if your set doesn't have a DVI port, ask for the DVI cable. Say you plan to upgrade to a DVI capable set later on.

See my post about picture being softer. Apparently, component output ain't so hot on the Voom box

barth2k said:
Ask for both DVI and components to see what gives you better results.

Even if your set doesn't have a DVI port, ask for the DVI cable. Say you plan to upgrade to a DVI capable set later on.

See my post about picture being softer. Apparently, component output ain't so hot on the Voom box

Or your component input sucks. People who know what to look for and have seen the internals of the IRD have noticed that the DSR550's component outputs are well-designed and of high quality.

In reference to the original post the answers are:
YES
YES
NO
YES (sorta)--- just use one branch of the component cable if you aren't using it for video =)

I received a DVI from the installer (even though I have no DVI connection on my TV) and had to have him bring out a componant when he came to switch out my OTA antenna.

I got Dvi, components and rf cables.
My installer told me that if people dont ask for DVI cables he is okayed to take them. He then sells them on ebay or to D or E customers.

Please ask for your cables at install,
You wont want too fork out the bucks later for a DVI cable that should have been included.