Voom Sucks

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Not open for further replies.

pauli

Original poster
Aug 28, 2004
:down :down :down :down
Originally purchased equipment in Dec. 2003. (804.36) Later (March 2004) was offered to rent instead (9.50/mo). Refund given to me in May 2004 (804.36 - took 2 months of phone promises by VOOM Rep) On July 8, 2004, VOOM hit my Credit Card for 856.66 for reasons they have yet to inform me of. I have since disconnected (8/13/2004) and returned the equipment (8/27/2004). I still have no refund. They insist on CC payment vs. sending statements I can pay by check. I have spent more time on the phone with voom anyone else I Know.

BTW pro-VOOMERS...
True-HD is shot in 1080i with 1080i cameras and broadcast in 1080i. Where are the 39 channels of "True HD" Where is HD Net? (which is True HD). The 10 channels of cheesy movies VOOM offers are NOT in HD. Did you know that DVDs are at best 480p? The Premium HD channels in VAVAVOOM (LOL) are also 480p. WOW they're lying to you and you didn't know.

Local channels - (LOL) the moron that picked up my box yesterday said VOOM may have had a chance if they left that promise on the table.
I hope you didn't pay for that cra**y set top box that runs like a Intel 8086.

pauli said:
:down :down :down :down
Originally purchased equipment in Dec. 2003. (804.36) Later (March 2004) was offered to rent instead (9.50/mo). Refund given to me in May 2004 (804.36 - took 2 months of phone promises by VOOM Rep) On July 8, 2004, VOOM hit my Credit Card for 856.66 for reasons they have yet to inform me of. I have since disconnected (8/13/2004) and returned the equipment (8/27/2004). I still have no refund. They insist on CC payment vs. sending statements I can pay by check. I have spent more time on the phone with voom anyone else I Know.

BTW pro-VOOMERS...
True-HD is shot in 1080i with 1080i cameras and broadcast in 1080i. Where are the 39 channels of "True HD" Where is HD Net? (which is True HD). The 10 channels of cheesy movies VOOM offers are NOT in HD. Did you know that DVDs are at best 480p? The Premium HD channels in VAVAVOOM (LOL) are also 480p. WOW they're lying to you and you didn't know.

Local channels - (LOL) the moron that picked up my box yesterday said VOOM may have had a chance if they left that promise on the table.
I hope you didn't pay for that cra**y set top box that runs like a Intel 8086.

1. actually most of the film is of higher resolution than HD and since most movies are not shot or were not shot with HD cam, the transfer is as good as it can be having been made from a higher resolution source. The 480p garbage you spewed is just that, garbage.

2. Would you suggest Voom go dig up Marlon Brando so he can redo his movies infront of an HDcam?

3. How could you be so stupid as to buy a new box from a new unproven service and...........

4. Once voom had your money they had no obligation to refund anything to you, they did it as a customer courtesy for early adopters.

5. Voom also gave free service to new adopters.

6. EVERYONE PLEASE NOTICE THAT WE HAVE AN EARLY ADOPTER WITH ONLY 2 POSTS ON SATGUYS???????????? SOMETHING SMELLS LIKE A RAT TO ME.

They have not lived up to ANY of thier promises.

1. 39 TRUE-HD channels (you obviously don't understand TRUE-HD) - NOPE
2. Local channels. - NOPE

'NUFF SAID

They got your money too... Credit card? Watch your account.

SatGuys mods, you are going to start having to ban trolls who spew garbage. This isn't a difference of opinion, this is just bashing for bashing's sake. Voom may need to up their b/w, but all the providers try to get cheap on the b/w... but this "you don't understand TRUE-HD" garbage is just lame.

pauli said:
They have not lived up to ANY of thier promises.

1. 39 TRUE-HD channels (you obviously don't understand TRUE-HD) - NOPE
2. Local channels. - NOPE

'NUFF SAID

They got your money too... Credit card? Watch your account.
1. the majority of the film Voom transfers has a HIGHER resolution than 1080i Einstein. What part of that cant you understand?

2. Local channels = 18 here.

Pauli? red ufo? Pradike? boo? miniz?

Anyone else sick this?

Nuff Said

vurbano said:
1. the majority of the film Voom transfers has a HIGHER resolution than 1080i Einstein. What part of that cant you understand?

2. Local channels = 18 here.

Pauli? red ufo? Pradike? boo? miniz?

Anyone else sick this?

Nuff Said

It's not Boo.

Voom Sucks - Voom Sucks - Voom Sucks

You fools must have crappy sets to think you see HD Movies on Voom.

If you have local channels, you're lucky.

Directv need a few more HD options to BURY VOOM.

BTW - where are the olympics??
I know - Live on my Time Warner HD NBC Channel 24/7 Rain or Shine.

Lame=the word used when you have no logical response

I'm outta here.
VOOM SUCKS - VOOM SUCKS - VOOM SUCKS - VOOM SUCKS - VOOM SUCKS - VOOM SUCKS - VOOM SUCKS - VOOM SUCKS - VOOM SUCKS - VOOM SUCKS - VOOM SUCKS - VOOM SUCKS - VOOM SUCKS - VOOM SUCKS - VOOM SUCKS - VOOM SUCKS - VOOM SUCKS - VOOM SUCKS - VOOM SUCKS - VOOM SUCKS - VOOM SUCKS - VOOM SUCKS - VOOM SUCKS - VOOM SUCKS - VOOM SUCKS - VOOM SUCKS - VOOM SUCKS - VOOM SUCKS - VOOM SUCKS - VOOM SUCKS - VOOM SUCKS - VOOM SUCKS - VOOM SUCKS - VOOM SUCKS - VOOM SUCKS - VOOM SUCKS - VOOM SUCKS - VOOM SUCKS - VOOM SUCKS - VOOM SUCKS - VOOM SUCKS - VOOM SUCKS - VOOM SUCKS - VOOM SUCKS - VOOM SUCKS - VOOM SUCKS - VOOM SUCKS - VOOM SUCKS - VOOM SUCKS - VOOM SUCKS - VOOM SUCKS - VOOM SUCKS - VOOM SUCKS - VOOM SUCKS - VOOM SUCKS - VOOM SUCKS - VOOM SUCKS - VOOM SUCKS - VOOM SUCKS - VOOM SUCKS - VOOM SUCKS - VOOM SUCKS - VOOM SUCKS - VOOM SUCKS - VOOM SUCKS - VOOM SUCKS - VOOM SUCKS - VOOM SUCKS - VOOM SUCKS - VOOM SUCKS - VOOM SUCKS - VOOM SUCKS - VOOM SUCKS - VOOM SUCKS - VOOM SUCKS - VOOM SUCKS - VOOM SUCKS - VOOM SUCKS - VOOM SUCKS - VOOM SUCKS - VOOM SUCKS - VOOM SUCKS - VOOM SUCKS - VOOM SUCKS - VOOM SUCKS - VOOM SUCKS - VOOM SUCKS - VOOM SUCKS - VOOM SUCKS - VOOM SUCKSSUCKS - VOOM SUCKS - VOOM SUCKS

pauli said:
You fools must have crappy sets to think you see HD Movies on Voom.

If you have local channels, you're lucky.

Directv need a few more HD options to BURY VOOM.

BTW - where are the olympics??
I know - Live on my Time Warner HD NBC Channel 24/7 Rain or Shine.

Lame=the word used when you have no logical response

I'm outta here.
VOOM SUCKS - VOOM SUCKS - VOOM SUCKS - VOOM SUCKS - VOOM SUCKS - VOOM SUCKS - VOOM SUCKS - VOOM SUCKS - VOOM SUCKS - VOOM SUCKS - VOOM SUCKS - VOOM SUCKS - VOOM SUCKS - VOOM SUCKS - VOOM SUCKS - VOOM SUCKS - VOOM SUCKS - VOOM SUCKS - VOOM SUCKS - VOOM SUCKS - VOOM SUCKS - VOOM SUCKS - VOOM SUCKS - VOOM SUCKS - VOOM SUCKS - VOOM SUCKS - VOOM SUCKS - VOOM SUCKS - VOOM SUCKS - VOOM SUCKS - VOOM SUCKS - VOOM SUCKS - VOOM SUCKS - VOOM SUCKS - VOOM SUCKS - VOOM SUCKS - VOOM SUCKS - VOOM SUCKS - VOOM SUCKS - VOOM SUCKS - VOOM SUCKS - VOOM SUCKS - VOOM SUCKS - VOOM SUCKS - VOOM SUCKS - VOOM SUCKS - VOOM SUCKS - VOOM SUCKS - VOOM SUCKS - VOOM SUCKS - VOOM SUCKS - VOOM SUCKS - VOOM SUCKS - VOOM SUCKS - VOOM SUCKS - VOOM SUCKS - VOOM SUCKS - VOOM SUCKS - VOOM SUCKS - VOOM SUCKS - VOOM SUCKS - VOOM SUCKS - VOOM SUCKS - VOOM SUCKS - VOOM SUCKS - VOOM SUCKS - VOOM SUCKS - VOOM SUCKS - VOOM SUCKS - VOOM SUCKS - VOOM SUCKS - VOOM SUCKS - VOOM SUCKS - VOOM SUCKS - VOOM SUCKS - VOOM SUCKS - VOOM SUCKS - VOOM SUCKS - VOOM SUCKS - VOOM SUCKS - VOOM SUCKS - VOOM SUCKS - VOOM SUCKS - VOOM SUCKS - VOOM SUCKS - VOOM SUCKS - VOOM SUCKS - VOOM SUCKS - VOOM SUCKS - VOOM SUCKSSUCKS - VOOM SUCKS - VOOM SUCKS

the only thing i can say about this post this guy must have had a bad night with his wife and is taking it out on voom . Get a grip guy if you have cancel why are you still bashing voom. Go make up with your wife.

Pauli has no idea what HD is. Film by its very nature is not HD. It is a chemical medium and full of grain. Vurbano is right when he says that it has to be shot with HD digital cameras to be HD. 1080I and 720p are both HD and I am not going to argue that point except to say the 1080p is really only the superior resolution over the other two. But film is always less than HD quality. That is something I will argue with Vurbano. Film can never be HD but an HD transfer can make it look as good as it can be. Transfers of today's films are usually done from the negative for best quality control and color reproduction. A lot of the films on VOOM are made from old color positive prints and you can see the difference. Although, some of the older ones, especially original Technicolor, look better than later. I will agree that more B/W is needed and I can see VOOM experimenting. Some days it is a knockout. Other days, even , HD video will look washed. However, it is still the best alternative out there right now. Pauli criticism is way overboard and just ignorant. (sorry to use that word).

Film is of higher resolution than 1080i or 720p. The pixel size of the highest resolution HD cannot compete with the size of film grain. The biggest factors in good HD film presentations are the film print and transfer quality. Most if not all scripted series on broadcast networks that are presented on HD appear to be filmed and transfered to HD tape for broadcast. This is probably more economical now than producing the same series with expensive 1080p cameras and post production equipment.

The only series that I know was shot in 24 fps 1080p was Diagnosis Murder on CBS. That show was eventually canceled. It looked very film like, similar in appearance to Lucas' work on Star Wars Episode II.

This reminds me of the ongoing debate of traditional photography vs. digital photography. Film is still considered the standard by many until digital camera resolution and quality is on par with film.

True, at times Voom does sucks. When I watch the same concert on Rave over and over. That said- you on the other hand- blow.

You've started a useless thead that adds nothing. Ban you? No? Laugh at you? Yes.

Voom has made many of us realize what crappy PQ we get from our DVD's. You have made me realize that I need to go to the bathroom. Bye troll.

pauli said:
...Where are the 39 channels of "True HD" Where is HD Net? (which is True HD)...
What a brain dead argument. Would anybody give up a service with about 40 channels of very beautiful, very watchable HD for another that's almost entirely SD just to watch one channel with "true HD"? !sadroll

"Voom has made many of us realize what crappy PQ we get from our DVD's"
Say What!
Are you stoned?
Maybe you need a new DVD player because my Rocks!

since when is HDnet "true HD" , your man cuban even says in his blog that his own channel isn't "true" HD.

http://www.blogmaverick.com/entry/7706137582525561/

"What few people realize is that when we shoot something in HD for HDNet, the quality we capture the content at is far, far better than the picture quality that you see on your HDTV. We have to compress it to fit in the bandwidth defined by broadcast standards. That compression reduces the quality of the picture you see. Your TV can handle the quality we capture it at, but we don’t have a way to get it to your TV at that quality level — yet."

gammadude said:
Film is of higher resolution than 1080i or 720p. The pixel size of the highest resolution HD cannot compete with the size of film grain.

Let's agree to respectfully disagree. Film is a mechanical/ chemical medium that has limitations and never will look lifelike as a solid HD digital in 1080I, 720p or 1080P will. That is why STARWARS episode II and the new one are both shot digital. It gives them more freedom from the limitations of film. The new Tom Cruise movie that is previewed on VOOM talks about the limitations of film and the possibilities that digital opens up.

Anyway this is a wonderful debate to have and getter than all the negatives. but I do wish VOOM would open their B/W. Can be even better.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)