VOOM Web Site is DOWN!!!

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

Voom4Me

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Mar 6, 2005
New Jersey
I just tried to go to the Voom web site to see if I could find any info on what is going on, and the dreaded SHUTDOWN notice is the first thing I saw.

A sad day indeed…

Goodbye voom, it was fun while it lasted.

Voom will cease to provide service to existing customers on April 30, 2005.

New customer orders are no longer being accepted, and we are unable to complete any scheduled installation or service appointments. You will be contacted regarding any scheduled appointment.

vurbano said:
Voom will cease to provide service to existing customers on April 30, 2005.

New customer orders are no longer being accepted, and we are unable to complete any scheduled installation or service appointments. You will be contacted regarding any scheduled appointment.

And now..the time is near....
For the final curtain....

I was just there less than an hour ago and was able to start the process for getting Voom. (I didn't complete it--obviously). :)

So, can the Voom STB be used for just OTA signals once the service goes dead? It might be a nice way to pick up a cheap ATSC tuner. Anyone know the answer to this?

just called customer support and they indicated that they are still performing installations

They said it was business as usual and that they were still exploring other avenues

I don't think it looks good

Today's Headlines:
BREAKING NEWS: Cablevision Confirms VOOM Shut Down

BREAKING NEWS: Cablevision Confirms VOOM Shut Down
In a filing sent to the Securities and Exchange Commission today, Cablevision confirmed it would shut down VOOM, its struggling satellite TV service, at the end of the month.

In the filing, Cablevision said its board of directors met Thursday and voted on the shut down of VOOM's service. The filing also said management was given specific directives on shut down implementation including advising customers that the VOOM service will cease to be available on April 30.

Cablevision told the SEC that management has begun implementing the shut down steps.

The board also instructed management to continue to analyze whether VOOM's 21 channels can be marketed to other satellite and cable providers as part of the company's Rainbow programming operations, the SEC filing said.

Newsday reported the pending shut down for VOOM late Thursday night (for SkyREPORT's story, see: http://www.skyreport.com/view.cfm?ReleaseID=1630).

:( :(

I just called again. The CSR said They are still taking orders, that the web site will come and go all day, they just added a bunch of new channels, and this a repeat of last month. She re-confirmed my antenna upgrade for Monday. She swears that they are not going out of business.

So, those a**holes don't think we need the website until that date to search listings? I believe that as we are still paying--in advance--the full fee they have a duty to provide the full service until that date.

I had the same message from customer service

Jamey K said:
I just called again. The CSR said They are still taking orders, that the web site will come and go all day, they just added a bunch of new channels, and this a repeat of last month. She re-confirmed my antenna upgrade for Monday. She swears that they are not going out of business.

very strange

Stuart-B said:
So, those a**holes don't think we need the website until that date to search listings? I believe that as we are still paying--in advance--the full fee they have a duty to provide the full service until that date.

Just go to zap2it.com that's where the listings come from to begin with.

This is a very definitive statement. C. Dolan is allowing the close down notice at the VOOM site. That speaks volumes. It is already past 10 am in NY. If something were up, we would know about it. It has been real... it has been fun.. and yes.. it has been real fun, but it is time for taps.

*Spike pulls out his horn and plays taps by his VOOM receiver*

Peace and Joy folks.

Same Here...

Jamey K said:
I also have an upgrade scheduled for Tuesday, and just called CS to confirm, and asked her about the Web Site, and she said the same thing. I told her that I needed to take the day off from work and it was important that she be certain that the installer would be here and she assured me that he would. She even gave me the name and phone number of the installation company that will be performing the upgrade.

Is she misinformed or does she know something that we don’t?

Either way, I’m going to call back each day and confirm my upgrade, up and including the morning of, just so I don’t waste my time.

This is just great... another unproductive day of hitting refresh button to get updated news on this ongoing saga. This is quite disappointing. I am stuck with Adelphia's HD cable here in North County San Diego... at least we have the HD DVR. With Voom's demise, I guess I'll be saving myself a bunch of money for the VaVaVoom package, but man, I'm going to miss all the programming. The only thing the Adelphia package is good for are the locals (which look pretty good on my 50" Pioneer HD Plasma. They only have 2 HD movie channels and their SD picture is SOOOO BAAD... I'm not a purist or video fanatic by any means, but the SD picture is so bad it looks like I'm getting a bad OTA signal from Tijuana. It is truly an embarrasment, frankly. So, I guess I'll keep watching CSI and West Wing and the other primetimes... (which is the majority of what we watch anyways). Unless Dish or DirecTV come up with more HD channels, there is no way I will sign up for them.

All that said, I will wait until my signal goes dark... and then its off to ebay to sell the equipment (unless they want it back, of course). That will be a sad day for a competitive marketplace.

Skylink Communications?

Came across this site while doing a search for news about voom.

Anyone know anything about this Skylink Communications company, or why they have a voom web site?

http://www.voomla.com

Voom4Me said:
Came across this site while doing a search for news about voom.

Anyone know anything about this Skylink Communications company, or why they have a voom web site?

http://www.voomla.com

Just another retailers site that sells and maybe installs Voom.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)