Voom website taking new orders

Interesting, they still have the $1 offer yet reading the offer details it says it expires Feb. 28th.

Did the voom subscription online always have this disclaimer listed?

"3 The STARZ! and SHOWTIME PlusPacks are delivered on satellite capacity that is only temporarily available to Rainbow DBS. Rainbow DBS may be required to cease transmitting over this capacity at any time. If you have any questions about this, please call us toll free at 1-866-931-VOOM.
"

:confused:

cartdan said:

"3 The STARZ! and SHOWTIME PlusPacks are delivered on satellite capacity that is only temporarily available to Rainbow DBS. Rainbow DBS may be required to cease transmitting over this capacity at any time. If you have any questions about this, please call us toll free at 1-866-931-VOOM.
"

As far as I can remember, yes

cartdan said:

"

yes

Now, this is good news!

Remember last week or so, C.Dolan was told in a board letter, NOT to take new orders because it could be construed to be a scam, since the service was shutting down and he was told to turn off his site.

If Rainbow/Cablevision is allowing new orders, then THEY expect the deal to go through.

See the logic?

The April date is interesting considering the interim deal is through March 31st. I did see the April 30th date at the very top but towards the bottom in the fine print it still reads the 28th. But very interesting.

Online Ordering Up And Running

Hey gang,

I just went to the VOOM site and you can now order online - didn't see this posted anywhere so I thought I'd make you aware of this. That is an interesting development. It makes the business seem more "real" again. A few less tums for some of you today. :)

EDIT:

Also at:

www.newvoom.com
www.voomllc.com

Well....

I'll be the first some day ....... :) Thanks for the head's up .... Delete what you will - at will.

Cheers,

James

I've looked hard at Voom, and saw that the ordering was back. I hadnt looked at Voom in some time, but noticed they were adding alot of the SD they had been missing. Unfortunately, I was disappointed to see they still require a landline phone connection. I have no landline, nor do I want one...I'm served well being cell phone only. Guess that leaves me w/ E*. Shame Voom still requires this...perhaps the new folks running the show will re-consider this requirement. I doubt I'm the only person w/o a landline who would consider Voom!

DWS44 said:
I've looked hard at Voom, and saw that the ordering was back. I hadnt looked at Voom in some time, but noticed they were adding alot of the SD they had been missing. Unfortunately, I was disappointed to see they still require a landline phone connection. I have no landline, nor do I want one...I'm served well being cell phone only. Guess that leaves me w/ E*. Shame Voom still requires this...perhaps the new folks running the show will re-consider this requirement. I doubt I'm the only person w/o a landline who would consider Voom!

You don't need land-line. 99% of installers won't even ask you about it. I just had Voom installed and not person mentioned to me. E* is much more radical about phones and their STB.

Don't get miss getting the programing you want because of a land-line.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts