VooM will Live On

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

Lars

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Jun 23, 2004
I for one believe Voom WILL be swallowed up rather than fade away. Right now D* is winning the PR war and E* cannot let that go on- which they could counter by adding all of the HD Voom has (can you see the ads---"compelling HDTV, NOW). I believe E* would love to have all of Voom's bandwidth at the current location as well as the leases Voom has coming on line soon for HD only as well as the Voom exclusives to trump D*'s 2007 schedule for HD. In addition, think of it this way, E* gets the HD exclusives to provide to their subscribers as well as the ability to "sell" these to cable companies for more HD content if they wish. They also get the Voom owned cable channels and probably the ability to develop even more HD nets. Add to that probably 35,00-40,000 built in subs and it's a good thing for E* if it is cheap enough.

Voom and E* together might just be the "ticket".

If it is for whatever reason as long as they remain comitted to HD first, we won't lose.

There could be a good reason that Dish just offered the Billion Dollar Bond. :)

Just idle speculation of course, but it makes for some exciting thoughts in my head.

I could see Dish Net buying out VOOM. It looks more like a reality every day. I just cant see VOOM surviving without significantly increasing their subs. I dont mean doubling their subs....I mean getting to 250,000 by the end of this year....and showing signs of healthy growth every month. I hope I'm wrong but VOOM better Grow by the end of football season because I think DirecTV will be adding more HD Ch's with increased bandwidth. Voom cant survive on exclusives alone. VOOM being bought out by Dish would make sense. Dish has to do something to keep up with the HD revolution and DirecTV.

vinnyv07: the only way that Voom can go from 40k to 250k subs by end of year is if they give away a free HDTV set with a 1 yr commitment, so if that's your criterion for voom staying afloat then yeah they're sunk.

I wonder if management feel the same way. I have to believe that if the sub numbers were significantly better, we'd be seeing more movement with with new dish/wm9/etc. Instead I feel like we're on a holding pattern.

Meanwhile enjoy the 40 channels of HD. No other service has HBO, SHO, MAX, StarZ, Encore & TMC all in HD. (10 HD Premium movie channels.) I'm even beginning to like the Auction channel. But when will Ultra show the latest Bikini fashions???

barth2k said:
vinnyv07: the only way that Voom can go from 40k to 250k subs by end of year is if they give away a free HDTV set with a 1 yr commitment, so if that's your criterion for voom staying afloat then yeah they're sunk.

I wonder if management feel the same way. I have to believe that if the sub numbers were significantly better, we'd be seeing more movement with with new dish/wm9/etc. Instead I feel like we're on a holding pattern.
You are totally right with that comment. I feel that the delay with the new equipment that is coming out is tied to the fact that their sub numbers arent what they expected they would be at this point...or for that matter anything close to what they expected. Lets face it...nobody starts a venture to lose money....I hope VOOM turns it around but something has to change and fast.

please let dish buy VOOM, with all the negative comments I see about VOOM as a company and their current pricing structure and policies it is very difficult for me to sign up...in addition, there is no possible way I will ever sign up with D*...I will live with cable and their HD before I do that...however, I would consider signing up with DISH (I already have considered it) and it would rock if they picked up VOOM channels / technology.

Today was not a good day for VOOMERS.
The majority of the posts were negative... I mean REALLY negative. Even some new Trolls came out to tell their VOOM fiascos.
How long can VOOM last? Nobody around here knows but their outlook seems really bleak unless changes start occuring NOW!
Who would want to join VOOM today with their current promotion and such negative pub?

I have installation scheduled for friday....oh...what to do......???

I know a few people that were ready to sign up but have decided to wait a bit.

My reasons for waiting were mainly because of pricing and not getting any HD locals in my location. They happen to get HD locals where they are and are not signing up for other reasons.

Does VOOM ever monitor this forum? They really do have a good product, they just need to listen to some other people to "make it".

There are positive and there are negatives. Negatives are always exulted more than positives because people are not tolerant to problems/issues. I would say to anyone that it is still on the fence. If you get your locals via OTA, give it a shot. This is the biggest obstacle or hurddle. All the doom posts may or may not come to fruition. Meanwhile enjoying a good day of HD...

Even if Voom fails next month, so what. We rent the equipment so what's the loss? We'll just move on to D* or E*. Plus, they probably won't be able to afford to come by and take back the antennas. :)

wasch_24 said:
Plus, they probably won't be able to afford to come by and take back the antennas. :)
I'm not using mine for Voom, but I did mount it to my antenna mast and ran a line to my PC's tuner card, so if they do want it back, they will have to uninstall it. I doubt it's worth the time for what they cost. :(

I would sign up for voom if.. I could get just the HD at a reasonable price... lease the reciever and not pay 200 for the 20 dollar installation

ShadowEKU said:
I would sign up for voom if.. I could get just the HD at a reasonable price...

That's what I have got... All my SD channels are a free bonus. :)

ShadowEKU said:
lease the reciever and not pay 200 for the 20 dollar installation

Sorry you are late. I lease and I paid $0 for the install. :)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts