Voom will stay on pass May 1st!

BabyGirl

Original poster
Apr 27, 2005
My dad, who work for one of the Voom Originals, was told yesterday: "Business as usual" until May 6 (where a new staff meeting will take place).

"Intense negotiations are undergoing with different parties, as we speak, who are very interested in acquire the HD programing". To continue doing what you are doing best, because now, more than ever before, someone will be watching your work".

So, guys, do not throw your Voom boxes out just yet.

babygirl

Well, I would expect em to keep working on the programing since they want to or plan to sell it to Cable n Sats but I still do not expect the Sat to transmit past the 30th. If it does great but I sure aint gonna hold my breath for any sort of repreive this late in the game

bratboy said:
Well, I would expect em to keep working on the programing since they want to or plan to sell it to Cable n Sats but I still do not expect the Sat to transmit past the 30th. If it does great but I sure aint gonna hold my breath for any sort of repreive this late in the game

Interesting proposition going on here... satellite companies pay or lease their airtime months and even years in advance. This point always makes me chuckle when I see the god-squad on the air begging for money or they will be off the air in 3 days etc... that preaching is for time they are paying for in 3 months or even years.

Voom may have paid the rent on the bird well past the 30th of April, if they elect to shut down, it's going to be from the head end not the airwaves, unless they just plain flat out owe so much money that even the satco is saying sorry, that's it.

Miguel

Still sucks though, just waiting for dolan to say finally i can restart my own project again without you bastards...And goes from voom to zoom, and the logo just gets changed by the letter Z...

lombana said:
Interesting proposition going on here... satellite companies pay or lease their airtime months and even years in advance. This point always makes me chuckle when I see the god-squad on the air begging for money or they will be off the air in 3 days etc... that preaching is for time they are paying for in 3 months or even years.

Voom may have paid the rent on the bird well past the 30th of April, if they elect to shut down, it's going to be from the head end not the airwaves, unless they just plain flat out owe so much money that even the satco is saying sorry, that's it.

Miguel

Voom owns everything including uplink facility.

Scott Greczkowski said:
Man oh man...

People should stop into the PUB more.

I need a drink. ;)

I need one two but i don't drink but this is driving me to have to have one.

t

I agree with bratboy...........

Since it's been stated from Scott who is our official diplomat with Voom and is the informant on all that goes on concerning the shutdown process that the service will be discontinued at 12:00AM PDST (Pacific Daylight Savings Time). They may be still working with the programming for six more days after this date, but I assume it is to show off their programming to the heads of programming with major cable companies and satellite companies to see if they are going to buy into the Voom 21 channels of programming as well as to use this programming if they are continued to be carried by satellite, cable, or both for future showings. Besides that, this chick who stated this information is a newbie and this is her first post. I hope it's not some troll who is putting us at the butt of a big complete joke.

Scott Greczkowski said:
People should stop into the PUB more.

Thats twice in just a few days... stop being cryptic!!!

The only thing I can guess is that it is something about something going PUBlic, but perhaps I'm just hopeful?

CDH.

That Scott! The PUB... the PUB....

You gotta be a Sat Guys supporter to enter the PUB, right?

Well, if Voom goes dark I am outa here. But if Voom21 somehow sticks around so I keep coming back to Sat Guys, I think it will be high time I became a supporter.

CDH said:
Thats twice in just a few days... stop being cryptic!!!

The only thing I can guess is that it is something about something going PUBlic, but perhaps I'm just hopeful?

CDH.

Scott uses the Pub Members Bar & Grill forum to post rumors of things that might or might not be happening.

Hopefully in this case, it will happen.

1080iBeVuMin said:
I am sure glad this movie isn't over yet!

I hope somebody has kept a log of all this entire story:

"VOOM! CORPORATE INTRIGUE DELIVERED!"
YEP! :) ^ :( V^ :p V^V^V^V^V^V^V^V^V^V^V^V? :mad: ????^?V?^V? :shocked

What does continued work on the programing for possible sale to some other carrier to offer as content have to do with VoOm not shutting down? Dont get me wrong, I will be the first to cheer if we get a reprieve, but the question is valid I think.

SactoCal said:
What does continued work on the programing for possible sale to some other carrier to offer as content have to do with VoOm not shutting down? Dont get me wrong, I will be the first to cheer if we get a reprieve, but the question is valid I think.
It has to do with being able to see the Voom21 original channels (or some of them) on some other carrier, even after Voom stops transmitting.

But this is just idle speculation at this point.

1080iBeVuMin said:
It has to do with being able to see the Voom21 original channels (or some of them) on some other carrier, even after Voom stops transmitting.

But this is just idle speculation at this point.

:::mutters about people missing the point:::
The topic implies that VoOm as a SERVICE would continue beyond May 1st, at least thats how I took it. I have no doubts that the some of the VoOm content will go elsewhere.

IT would not do us any good, unless it is picked up by Direct ,
as we signed with direct for 1 year ,
As we had talked to Voom many times about putting the dish on our Motor Home and they said no,
which also left out cable
bob

Can the mods change the name of this thread??

Can the moderators on this forum change the name of the thread so people on here don't become confused about the difference between the service and the programming (which is what the thread is about and not the service)?
Also, can we get some official confirmation that the girl who started this thread is indeed stating the truth and is not a troll who is laughing her head off at us being thrown into a big lie? As I stated earlier, this girl has only posted one thread stating that her dad worked for the Voom original programming and has made no more statements within this forum. This is also the first day that she has registered with this forum. Anybody see some odd connections?? Maybe it's just me and my detective skills getting the best of me. :cool:

Pardon me for asking this, but didn't most folks on this board complain about MOST of the stuff on the VOOM 21 Originals and how totally lame they were?
(remember the uproar over the Three Stooges on Mars, TANK, and so forth???)

And now suddenly, with the prospect of them going away for ever, everyone seems to be clamoring for them to re-appear somewhere else....

I don't get it..

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)