Voom'er switched to TWC, very displeased

sjones

Well-Known SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Dec 21, 2004
Well I switched to twc digipic 4000 with HD package and with the cable cards for both of my hdtv's and I am very displeased. SD channels in voom looked so much clearer than the channels i am getting from twc. HD channels still look decent but not nearly as good as they did with voom. I am pleased with the cable cards though, all of the features of my tv are available which is what i wanted. I miss voom already.

Unfortunately cable TV does not have "native resolution" so you have to go with 480i or 1080i and either stretch or black bars on the side. That is a dis-advantage.

I had subscribed to Dish Network, and when the installers came in Sunday, they said they could not complete the installation due to grounding source issues. I live in an apartment complex. I don't have Comcast in my area, and am getting TWC installed this Saturday. I guess I'll have to suck up to it and live with the PQ of TWC...who knows, I might even find it good enough...

I got TWC installed - DigiPic 4000 package with HD Tier. Got the SA8300 HD DVR. The PQ on HD channels is as good as VOOM's HD PQ and SD seems to be as good as VOOM's also, at least the ones I have watched so far. For me, it is bearable, not a "Oh no...this is preposterous" reaction on watching SD on TWC. The TWC menu sucks big time, though.

Has anyone received a notice from VOOM about returning the receivers?

Cheers.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)