Voomers check this out

Slick

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
May 9, 2004
Guys I am going to tell you what happened to me while playing with my OTA Channel situation.. I went out and bought a tripod and a pole from Radio shack to mount the New Radio Shack antenna I just bought, it was the second biggest they had, 120 miles VHF 90 Uhf, well I mounted it just under the Winegard sensor 2 that Voom supplied..

I could not get the Radio Shack antenna to pick up anythig thru the Voom box, so I just wanted to check to see why it was not working so I decided to hook up the two other two tvs in the house and see if the antenna would work on them..

I hooked them up and it worked pretty good but at about the same quality as the Winegard sensor 2, so I disconnected the Radio Shack antenna and took it back to the store for a refund.. I dont have a clue why it would not work thru the Voom box, but would work thru the other tvs????

Conclusion, there are three cables coming into my house 2 from the dish and one from the antenna, all three go to a digital spliter and from there two come out the other side of the spliter, one two each Voom box, with a couple hook ups left coming out of the splitter so I ran that to the third tv in the house and low and behold I am getting channels that voom has mapped and cant get thru the Voom box but I can get them thru the regular tv.. Crazy but it worked,this may not be new to you but I am pretty happy.. I know you guys know more than me about OTA stuff then I do but, if my trial and error helps some one else out great.. I just though I would tell my story.. Cya Slick

Do your Tvs have ATSC or NTSC tuners? Are you running the new feed into the box, or straight to the TV? I beleive the splitter you refer to is a diplexer. It has been problematic for some.

one possibility: your regular TVs are tuning analog stations, which tend to be in VHF, whereas your Voom box is tuning digital stations only, which right now tend to be in UHF. Maybe you have a VHF only antenna.

I have the same experience with a small indoor radio shack ant. I can pickup o a few of my ota digital signals with it, but when I hook it up to the voom box it pics up nothing.

On the ohter hand, the wingard, hooked ot the voom box picks up all but one stations, and it says that station has a good 70 signal strength, but when you tune to it, it says the signal strenght is too weak. But the radio shack ant on my tv's internal digital receivre, picks up this station.

I hoping the forthcoming software upgrade with scanning will solve my problem.

Hey there guys you know I never though that the spliter was a diplexer but it might well be.. If you have two voom boxes and there is only two wires coming from the dish should those go straight to the voom boxs?

If so, if there is only one wire coming from the OTA antenna how would you hook up more than one tv with it then, with out a spliter?

do you think my OTA signal would be better with out the dplexer?

could you tell me the two hook ups in the back of the Voom box you would use for the dish and which one for the OTA antenna?

Thanks Voomers for our help Cya Slick

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts