voomers ota antenna switching over to dish

I am not familiar with E* installation. What is that DP-3020 combiner for in the left-side diagram?

The picture on the right seems to be ok, but the one on the left may not work if the DP-3020 blocks AC voltage from PS-9370 to the antenna.

I'm an ex-Voomer and I now have the Dish 942 and am having trouble picking up the OTA HD signal from a tower that is only 10 miles away. I'm picking up other channels that are the same distance, if not further. WPTV (NBC West Palm Beach) is the one with a really weak signal. Anyone else out there have the same problem or have some suggestions for me?

Thanks, in advance.

joverstr2 said:
My local electronics store does not have any power supplys. Anybody know where I can get one online?
Call Winegard at 1-800-288-8094 and they will tell you where you can buy PS-9370 in your area.

I am in the process of setting up a new receiver (a Samsung T451) to my old Voom set up since I can't get Dish (no line of sight). The old Voom set up still has a single line coming down to the house which presumably combined the feed from the voom sat with that from my Sensar antenna. Can I simply connect the receiver by running a RG6 and connecting it to the current line? Or do I need to disconnect the old Voom sat and run a separate line straight from the antenna? Also, will I need the the additional power supply for the Samsung receiver or does it likely provide power to the antenna?

Thanks much!

There is no need to spend lots of money on the power inserter for your powered sensar. I have converted many voom installs to Dish using the standard diplexor method.

The key is to use a standard diplexor only behind the receiver, and then to use a 2ghz power passing splitter outside instead of the diplexor.

You need a splitter that passes dc power on both ports and is rated up to the dishpro frequencies. This then uses the dish receivers LNB power at 18volts to power the sensar. I have had some of these inplace since well before voom went boom, and have yet to have a sensar die from the extra DC voltage.

heyguy35 said:
i had dish installed last week and didn't get any of my local hd channels with the voom ota winegard sensar II. The installer did not understand why i wasn't rec'ing my locals. What he did was he diplexed the cable at the both ends: one at the receiver side of the 811 and the other at the dish & antenna side. This will not work!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! YOU NEED TO RUN A SEPARATE COAX CABLE FROM THE ANTENNA STRAIGHT INTO THE RECEIVER AND ALSO U NEED TO BUY WINEGARD PS-9370 TO POWER THE ANTENNA B/C THE VOOM MOTOROLA DSR550 RECEIVER HAD A BUILT-IN AMP OR PS THAT SUPPLY THE POWER TO THE ANTENNA. Now I receiving all my locals in hd; it's coming between 90-100% signal strength. THIS WILL WORK.....I GUARANTEED IT!!!!!!!!!!! :)

Hmmmm...If this is true, how do you explain the fact that I have no problem receiving my HD locals (except that one channel takes a while to lock on) and the installer of my OTA antenna (Winegard Sensar II) didn't install a PS-9370? The OTA antenna coax is simply diplexed in the attic with my SAT feed & diplexed again before going into my 811.

Ken

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)