Voomers with Xbox and Xbox Live

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

Dvlos

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Jun 5, 2004
I know some of you guys are video gamers as well, I do too but not that often, I play mainly at night. Right now I have Counter Strike Source (Steam handle Dvlos) and Star Wars Battlefront on XBL (Gamertag: Dvlos)...

If you want post your GT here, maybe we can see each other online and not only game, we can discuss and stroke our giant e-penis sizes for playing on our giant HDTV screens.

Dvlos, you don't stand a chance against my 8' screen, now go buy yourself a bigger e-penis. :D

Seriously, my Ex roommate had a PS-2 (I tried to talk him into an X-box ;) ) We bought the component adapter and hooked it up to my pj and the game playing was astonishing. :eek:

DarrellP said:
Dvlos, you don't stand a chance against my 8' screen, now go buy yourself a bigger e-penis. :D

As of right now I got a wife next to me when I watch the TV, that's like adding another 10' to the TV... en garde!

I'm awaiting November 9, or National Halo 2 Day. :) I have both an Xbox and Xbox Live. Gamertag: Neutron1998.

Right now I play Rallisport Challenge 2 with my best friend and another friend from Texas online. The HD kit really makes a difference. I just wish they would make more games that display at 720p and 1080i natively.

Neutron said:
I'm awaiting November 9, or National Halo 2 Day. :) I have both an Xbox and Xbox Live. Gamertag: Neutron1998.

Right now I play Rallisport Challenge 2 with my best friend and another friend from Texas online. The HD kit really makes a difference. I just wish they would make more games that display at 720p and 1080i natively.

Xbox 2 rumors say all games supporting 1080i....add me I have preordered Halo 2...

i think everyone has preordered halo 2. they have 1.5 million preorders. Guarantees opening day revenue's of about 74 million, larger then any movie has ever brought in on opening day. lol

I have Xbox and Xbox Live. Gamertag is lazy banker. I'm not really good at games just like to play.

I have MKD, NFL2K5, RTCW, and Ranbow 6.

Xbox here as well, Game Tag: EBZ06vette but it's currently offline because I let my subscription lapse. When the cold weather moves in and i'm stuck inside I'll be back online. BTW -It's ~90 here in Dallas this week ;)

xbox not filling screen

guys...slightly off topic, but please advise: my xbox setup screen fills the screen just fine. when games are in, however, there are black vertical bars on the left and right of the screen. i have a toshiba 57inch widescreen with component inputs (xbox hd adaptor) into the tv. i can only choose between 1080i and 540p on this tv.
thanks in advance
mark

hubes222 said:
guys...slightly off topic, but please advise: my xbox setup screen fills the screen just fine. when games are in, however, there are black vertical bars on the left and right of the screen. i have a toshiba 57inch widescreen with component inputs (xbox hd adaptor) into the tv. i can only choose between 1080i and 540p on this tv.
thanks in advance
mark

You may be SOL... but what you need to do in the dashboard is go into the display setup... change it to widescreen. then select the resolutions you have available. unfortunately the only thing available to you is 1080i. but the Box might upconver.. i dont know

XB and XBL for me. Gamer Tag KING272. Mainly play at night (midnight east coast). Madden 05, NCAA 05, ESPN NFL 05, MechAssault. :D

Definately make sure you have your video settings on the dashboard set to widescreen.

Xbox HD Game

If you want to see something really impressive on the Xbox, get Soul Caliber II. It outputs 720p. Not widescreen, though, but impressive.

DOA 3 is in widescreen, but only 480p.

Gamertag Tektonik00. Dont play alot right now, mostly Rainbow 6. Hopefully will play more after Nov 9th with Halo2. Also, I cant find the MS HD pack anywhere. I have checked Amazon, Target, Walmart, I have checked everywhere and no one has it, does anyone know where to find one or recommend an off brand? I have the mad catz one and it sucks hard core, puts a hazy ghost on everything.

fredramsey said:
If you want to see something really impressive on the Xbox, get Soul Caliber II. It outputs 720p. Not widescreen, though, but impressive.

DOA 3 is in widescreen, but only 480p.

Interesting, I just did a search on Soul Caliber II and saw that you are right, the game supports 720P but it has black bars on the sides making it a 4:3 game. Kind of like when HBOHD plays a 4:3 series like "Family Bonds"--the black bars are part of the image.

Xbox in HD is awesome. Unfortunatly my HDTV just died, I am watching everything on a 19" tv tuned to channel 3, using the RF connector. Yuck.

--Dan

Good "widescreen" games are far and few between, I'd say check out Soul Caliber (not true widescreen but 720p), definately check out Ninja Gaiden, best looking Xbox HDTV game out there. Enter the Matrix is 1080i but the game is not that good, but you can give the game a try...

Halo 2 will be 480p unknown if it will be true widesceen, I hope so.

To the poster who was talking about the side bars, there is a way to make the Xbox boot into 480p mode, by holding (I think I could be wrong, Google this or check Xbox's site to be sure) L+R and X, then go into your settings and change it to widescreen, that will make all games default to widescreen, those that are "true" widescreen wil detect the setting and set itself accordingly.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)