Vooming in Austin, TX

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

rcmojo

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Jun 2, 2004
New Voomer here. I'm scheduled for a Tuesday morning install. Surely, there are some other voomers in Austin, right? My questions for those of you are:
how was the install experience?
which company does the installs in Austin?
what local channels are mapped?
how has the service been?

So did you get installed. Sorry I just saw you post today. I'm in Lockhart and I had my VOOM installed in April. I have been pretty satisfied. In my area the only local I can't get is Fox Ch. 7. The installer said in was further away than the others. But I just set up an Antenna upgrade with Voom an Monday so hopefully that will be fixed. but other than that and no Fox regional Sports I'm happy.

I got setup on 6/8. So far I'm pretty happy. It's been raining like crazy around here so I've had some slight issues with rain fade. I'm having some problems picking up a constant ota signal with kxan(36-1) and knva(54-1). I'm going adjust my antenna tonight and also remove the diplexor and run a separate line for the ota -- hopefully that will help me pick up the 2 stations I'm having problems with. I also do not get FOX- the installer told me that FOX's transmitter is not broadcasting a strong enough signal for most to pick up - sure hope that changes before football season!!

I just had my voom installed today, so far looks better than TWC. I have the new version 6.00 of the software and the OTA scan picked up 13 channels, fox is not one of the.

Just wondering if anyone can pick up OTA channels from Waco? I really would like to have Fox. My girlfriend loves the Simpsons and when I can TWC I wil not get Fox.

No Fox for me either

Got Voom installed yesterday. Everything else looks good except for Fox. I am a big time football fan, so not having Fox sucks! I complained, and waiting to hear from them. The installer told me the signal of local fox station is really low. I contacted Fox, and according to them, their upgrade for DTV will be complete in mid 2005. I can't wait till then, so I am thinking of switching to DirecTV.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)