Vooming in Utah County

hihostevo

Original poster
Sep 13, 2004
Amazingly enough I did not find any local info on Voom for the Salt Lake City area... let alone Utah County (Provo, Orem, PG, Alpine, Lehi, etc....)

I am moving from an area with 13 HD stations from my local Cable Co as well as the Scientific Atlanta 8000HD High Definition DVR... Comcast in Pleasant Grove (my new home is in Cedar Hill) does not offer any HD service... not that important, just that I am a bit bummed.

So I find myself on an adventure trying to figure out what to do for TV service at my new home. I have one HD projector that I use for my main viewing, but the other TV's in the house are just SD.

Obviously Voom offers more HD than any other service, but they have their own issues also... ie: no locals unless you can reach them OTA (as my new house is backed up against the hill, I have no idea what type of OTA coverage is available... I have gone to antennaweb and titantv to check it out... they think I can receive some stations "good," none excellent, and several poor). Higher fee's for a second or third STB, no DVR currently available... and I am sure there are others I am simply not aware of.

So I am hoping some other folks in Utah County will chime in with their experiences here on this thread... that way I the newbie of the bunch can learn from your experience.

Thanks,

Steve

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts