voom's problem

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

iml

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Sep 23, 2004
Ok, as badly as I want to switch to VOOM, their pricing is just not in line with other services.

I was kind of waiting until a special came along so I could make the move from Time Warner but this new special just isn't good enough.

$50 install, 9.50/month rental and for each additional receiver another $50 install and 14.50/month, and the kicker... A 1 year commitment!

So axe the 1 year commitment and now the install is $200?!

How do they expect to add new customers with pricing like this? I got Time Warner for free install, no commitment, HD tier is only $4/month, an extra box (with DVR) is only $5/month.

I really would like to switch to VOOM, as I am sure many people would, however, I don't think they are going to get much business unless they get competitive. My total bill with Time Warner with 2 STBs, HD, a DVR, HBO and Showtime is ~$60.00 (I have no commitment and I paid no install fee).

They aren't even competive with the other sat providers, much less with cable.

Come on VOOM, get competitive on your pricing structure so you can pick up more customers. You have a great product, it would be a shame to see you go under because you don't know how to price/promote it.

Man i hate cable but that is a good price. What kind of PQ does TW have where you live? My inlaws have TW in WI and it sucks for PQ....but they do have INHD1 & 2.

Well one of the reasons I want to switch is the PQ isn't the greatest.

I suppose I should clarify, the PQ is fine on my regular TV. When I start watching my 110" projection though it just isn't good enough unless it is HD.

The HD channel PQ on the big screen is great. They do have a small problem where sometimes certain channels will glitch. Of course, they can't seem to find the problem (fix it).

I really don't like the cable company, but with a good PQ on digital SD on my regular TV, and very good PQ on HD when it isn't glitching, it is very hard to make the move to VOOM with their offers.

I really should have taken advantage of the special back in August, I am kicking myself for not doing so. However, I just can't possibly switch with their current offers and pricing structure.

P.S. That price with cable is a special. The normal rate on that is about $79/month. When the special ran out my bill jumped up. I called them and explained to them that I would be cancelling if that is the price they were going to charge. They quickly put me back on the special price.

Now that is how you compete in this market.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)