Vooms second bird

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

drod

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Nov 25, 2004
Lansig Va
There is all this early speculation that Voom is dead and as much as everyone would love to see that Voom a couple months ago talked about putting up a second bird a while ago and the uplink that was purchased if I'm not mistaken is the newly rennovated one. That still leaves 1 the original. I heard rumors that that second bird was shot off 2 wks ago, any verification?

It is not VOOM's own bird. It is a lease satellite (AMC6) at 72 (I think). 16 Tps were supposed to be leased. Of course, these will hold the capacity of Rainbow 1 but will not hold the capacity of what they were trying to accomplish with Rainbow 1 + AMC6 at 72 degrees. It is not very smart either to sell the satellite to the competition in hope to lease and then compete.

Belongs to AMC. It was a lease deal for the AMC bird and use of AMC's uplink for those TP.

Voom doesn't have "any" Sats or uplinks now. Check out their SEC-K8 Filing, they are in the process of "disposal" now.

The service will continue to run during the transistion, but will eventually be like PrimeStar (another Cable company Sat venture and one reason I was always skeptical about Voom).

DishSatUser said:
The service will continue to run during the transistion, but will eventually be like PrimeStar (another Cable company Sat venture and one reason I was always skeptical about Voom).

So, you missed out on a year or so of Voom's superior programming, because you were sceptical.... (I signed up for Dish back when people were sceptical about it as well).

We are all going to die, too....

Love your cat though:)

Sean Mota said:
It is not VOOM's own bird. It is a lease satellite (AMC6) at 72 (I think). 16 Tps were supposed to be leased. Of course, these will hold the capacity of Rainbow 1 but will not hold the capacity of what they were trying to accomplish with Rainbow 1 + AMC6 at 72 degrees. It is not very smart either to sell the satellite to the competition in hope to lease and then compete.

Sean, did you get your HD-PVR today?

Didn't miss anything actually, watched some of it on my neighbors VOOM. Honestly I didn't feel compelled enough to spend the extra to subscribe and to place another Dish on my roof.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts