Vote for Sanjaya (again!)

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Not open for further replies.
Fair enough Tony, but one has to wonder about his strategy. He is expecting people to vote for him BECAUSE of what he does, not what or how he sings. Or maybe he is pushing for Scott and BFGs strategy of voting for him over and over again because he sucks... :D

My wife is latin (Puerto Rican) and she said that Sanjaya was singing it perfectly with no accent (English/American accent). I have been fairly impressed with Sanjaya lately. He and Hailey both are doing different things to get the votes. This really isn't a vocal contest, it is a popularity contest which Peter Noone pointed out a few weeks ago.

IMHO the best vocalists there are Melinda and Lakisha. The only problem with them is what showed up last night when they had to sing out of their comfort zone. Lakisha is a Gospel singer, could probably be similar to Aretha in time. I think that Melinda actually sang very well last night but both of them have been guilty of turning every song into that style they both have (sounds stupid but I don't know what to call it)

Jordin Sparks has really come a long way and I think she is the real "Idol" there. I doubt she will make it to the end though. She may very well be the most successful in this season in terms of future record sales. I think that she had one of the best performances last night.

Blake Lewis is a star. Even though he probably doesn't make the top five in vocals right now, I look forward to his performances the most. Nobody there could have pulled off most of the songs that he has performed. The Jamiroquai cover was amazing as was the cover of Keane. I really liked his cover of the Zombies "Time of the Season" also. I would never have even entertained the thought of seeing the American Idols tour but I just might in order to see him perform. I am really looking forward to see him come out with an album of his own.

My wife is latin (Puerto Rican) and she said that Sanjaya was singing it perfectly with no accent (English/American accent). I have been fairly impressed with Sanjaya lately.

He did a good job, but he had serious issues with the second line of the refrain. His accent was perfect carribean spanish. But it was still phonetic. :)

I also like when Jenifer Lopez corrected whats-his-name when he was singing "Smoothe". The word is muñequita (little doll) not munequita (jibberish)

The old joke "No es lo mismo sin la Ñ" (It's not the same without the Ñ)

¿Cuantos años tiene? = How old are you (How many years do you have)
¿Cuantos anos tiene? = How many anuses do you have?

Just a little difference the pronounciation will make all the difference in the world. :)

See ya
Tony

This is pathetic. It's a show about singing, not a show about being a good act.

I thought it (like every single show) was a show to help bring in viewers by any means in order to drive advertisment to increase stock prices so the shareholders could afford that new diamond encrusted butt plug?

;)

This is pathetic. It's a show about singing, not a show about being a good act.

And its suppose to be whoever wins gets a big shiny contract and has a hugh singing career. Especially with what happen with the last year's contestants with Chris selling more than Taylor the show is a joke at this point. I can guarantee that no neck Doolittle will win if you look you can see the signs building now. After she wins however she will drop off the map just like Taylor. The only one with real talent and stage performance this year is Blake.

I thought it (like every single show) was a show to help bring in viewers by any means in order to drive advertisment to increase stock prices so the shareholders could afford that new diamond encrusted butt plug?

;)
*ding* *ding* *ding* We Have a Winner!!!

And its suppose to be whoever wins gets a big shiny contract and has a hugh singing career. Especially with what happen with the last year's contestants with Chris selling more than Taylor the show is a joke at this point. I can guarantee that no neck Doolittle will win if you look you can see the signs building now. After she wins however she will drop off the map just like Taylor. The only one with real talent and stage performance this year is Blake.

I agree a 100% . Blake is the only one with any REAL talent up there. He is origional in the way he sings and has his own style . He can even take a country song and make it sound origional and different and still very good at the same time. I think he will go big someday in music, with or without American Idol.

The others ,like Melinda No neck Dolittle and Lakisha and the 17 year old girl are all sound alikes. They sound just like a 100 other women that are already in music. Blake is the only origional in the bunch. I would love it if he could get in the finals and win but with this Sanja geek in the mix, unfortunately , it will cause the real winner to be screwed.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)