w/622 reciever 2nd TV jerky

david in texas

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Jan 5, 2005
Hello,

I'm having an issue where the 2nd feed from my 622 (seperate TV) is jerky. It appears to just be the video. The audio is fine.

Can anyone 'splain this?

Thanks
David

Hmm, a little more info please. Is this live or DVR'd events? If it is on both, how does the same video look when played on video 1? How far away from TV1 is the 2nd TV(number of feet)? What type of cable goes between the two? Is it at least RG6?

The couple of times that I have had this happen I did a front panel reset. Just hold down the power button on the front of the receiver until it reboots. If that doesn't work power off the receiver and then pull the plug for a few minutes.

Well known software buy with the 622. I get it on my 2nd tuner as well. I used mine in single mode and I have isolated it by setting it to dual mode and the jerkiness seems to stay only on the second tuner out to the second tv.

That is interesting...on my brothers 622, the video on TV2 is fine, but the audio is terrible...cuts in and out constantly.

The RF output on my 622 TV1/TV2 is fuzzy with a faint herringbone pattern. I've tried both the off-air and cable settings and tried just about every unused TV channel. I suspect the signal might be overmodulated. Switching between single and dual mode doesn't seem to help. The component outputs for TV2 work perfectly. Will try adding an attenuator to see if I can adjust the RF output signal.

I'm considering sending the 622 back but everything else seems to be working OK. After reading the bug reports on the 622, I don't want to risk getting a unit with other problems!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts