W5 105W

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

DENIB

Original poster
Feb 23, 2011
S. Dakota
I just mounted a 150 Gibertini aluminum dish and I had good luck to get C and ku band on a few satellites but for some reason the signal is very weak on 105C on the other hand I get 107C.

Using 20K Precision lnb for C band with openbox 9S HD. Is there a way to tweak this for the FTA channels? IMAG0013.jpgIMAGC and ku gibertini.jpgOn some days I can get 58W to about 107 W Anik F1R. My location is 97W 44N
Thanks for your input.

Last edited:
First off, WELCOME to satguys!
Unless it is an optical illusion, that dish does not look to be very big. Most information here you will find a 6 foot dish is the bare minimum for good "C" band. An 8 footer is much better. Since you are getting some "C" you must be hitting some strong transponders.

Thanks for the welcome, I have been on this site for a long time but haven't had any good input. And no its not an optical illusion the dish is an OP 150 M Gibertini dish aluminum with 24" actuator. I have to say it is a good dish and my location is really bad since I have a lots of trees around. I just was wondering as why I am able to pick up Anik F1R but not AMC 18

Maybe the Anik bird is putting out more power! At least, on the transponders you are getting. It's not unusual to find different power levels on the same satellite, for different channels. Sounds like you have done very well with your small-c-band project. I think you'll have more stable signals with a bigger c-band dish , though, if that possible in your location. Naturally you can tweak till your gray on a small-cband setup, but in case you haven't already>check the elevation, the east-west tracking, focal distance (lnbf t0 dish ) and making sure the feedhorn is centered as well as possible.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)