Wall Mount HD Receiver

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

aec4

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Oct 26, 2005
I mounted our 32" TV in our bedroom, and my wife would like me to mount the receiver directly under the TV (getting it out of site is not an option, as she can't stand how slow the RF remotes are on the HD receivers OR the HD DVRs).

Does anyone know of a mount that can be used that does NOT require being put into a stud. I could use lag bolts or those things you screw into the drywall that give you 50-75-100 lbs of strength.

Everything I've seen (like the Omnimount) requires studs. The design doesn't make sense because, when you think about it, your TV mounts on 2 studs, and you want you receiver centered under the TV, where there is NOT a stud. To use a stud would mean the receiver is mounted to the left side, or right side of the TV (in other words, not centered)

Any suggestions?

Wait until you get the new software release rolling out now (0x368), then try RF again. I think you'll be pleasantly surprised.

Very snappy, and I run all RF. Maybe then you can hide it and not worry about it.

EKG

Surprised RF isn't working well enough to mount the thing on the wall behind the table or chest of drawers; I personally have my Center Channel speaker mounted in the center just under the TV so I couldn't mount a receiver there.

Surprised RF isn't working well enough to mount the thing on the wall behind the table or chest of drawers; I personally have my Center Channel speaker mounted in the center just under the TV so I couldn't mount a receiver there.

RF works, but it works so poorly.. you key in numbers, it ignores them, etc etc. It does this on ALL of our boxes that can handle RF so we do not use it anymore

I really would rather find a solution that does not involve RF.

Are they the older boxes that require the little antenna or are they the newer boxes with all internal antennas. I've seen a few not work that great but to have 4-5 in your house all not working spells some type of interference to me. Must be very frustrating because I can't stand anything that requires line of sight to work.

Are they the older boxes that require the little antenna or are they the newer boxes with all internal antennas. I've seen a few not work that great but to have 4-5 in your house all not working spells some type of interference to me. Must be very frustrating because I can't stand anything that requires line of sight to work.

I have both. .. HR22's and H20s. All stink. Happened in our old home too.

I don't care less about having to be line of sight... just want a good mount that I can put under the TV centered and not to 1 side because it needs a stud.

Attachments

• BENDVDB.jpg
    BENDVDB.jpg
    3.2 KB · Views: 187
Change your remote batteries...?

I did that more than once.

Everyone: I don't want to make this a debate about RF. I'm NOT INTERESTED in RF. If you have any suggestions to solve the actual issue, please, let's hear them.

I mounted our 32" TV in our bedroom, and my wife would like me to mount the receiver directly under the TV (getting it out of site is not an option, as she can't stand how slow the RF remotes are on the HD receivers OR the HD DVRs).

Does anyone know of a mount that can be used that does NOT require being put into a stud. I could use lag bolts or those things you screw into the drywall that give you 50-75-100 lbs of strength.

Everything I've seen (like the Omnimount) requires studs. The design doesn't make sense because, when you think about it, your TV mounts on 2 studs, and you want you receiver centered under the TV, where there is NOT a stud. To use a stud would mean the receiver is mounted to the left side, or right side of the TV (in other words, not centered)

Any suggestions?

Why not build a shelf below it ?
The shelf could easily cover studs, make the shelf wide enough that it is centered under the TV and place your recvr on it, you said "hiding" in wasn't something you needed to do.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)