Wall mount with motorized 90 cm dish?

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Woofle

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Nov 24, 2007
Hi,

Well, I've given up with the original site I chose for dish installation. There is a tree which due to a (parallax?) error I thought was OK but was blocking Galaxy 10R.

So the dish is temporarily on a tripod pointed at 10R (it and Galaxy 25 and AMC4 are my main interest.)

I'm thinking a wall-mount is my best bet... but, has anyone used the Fortec Star 90 cm dish with SG2100 motor with a wall mount setup? And if so, are there any "tricky" issues with clearance? And if so, any tips?

I'll continue to enjoy single-satellite reception until I get more free time next weekend. Would like to make the most intelligent use of limited install time though :)

Thanks for any clues. I've consulted the Kloo Gnome, but he has not been very helpful :)

Hi, I Have The Same Dish With A Motor Mounted On My Garage Wall And No Problems. The Motor Set-up Keeps The Dish Farther Away From The Building Than A Stationary Set-up. I Am Able To Swing From East To West On The Entire Arc Without Hitting The Wall, Hope This Helps You.

Thanks and yay and stuff

Hi, I Have The Same Dish With A Motor Mounted On My Garage Wall And No Problems. The Motor Set-up Keeps The Dish Farther Away From The Building Than A Stationary Set-up. I Am Able To Swing From East To West On The Entire Arc Without Hitting The Wall, Hope This Helps You.

Thanks. I figured it was "worth a try" and it seems less crazy after hearing that someone else has done it. :)

Are you happy with your dish/LNB performance? I'm glad I didn't go with 80 cm as there are some transponders that are on the weak side even with the 90cm dish.

Funny because I was to do the same thing myself and feel better to know other people think the same.

I have it installed on a pole now but it keeps bending , it seems to be too heavy, and yes, I use the one provided with my dish..

pole flex

I have it installed on a pole now but it keeps bending , it seems to be too heavy, and yes, I use the one provided with my dish...
Another member who had a similar problem came up with a solution.
He put an eye bolt in to the wall above his pole-top.
Then, he used a small turnbuckle to brace/support the top of the pole.
As an added benefit, he was able to use the turnbuckle to fine-tune his post for plumb under the weight of the motor..

Don't know if the idea will fit where you are, but if so it might be worth a try.
Certainly did sound like a good solution. :cool:

edit:

I think the member was: bill190
so you should be able to search on posts by him for more inspiration. :)

Last edited:
Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts