Wall Plates

Status
Please reply by conversation.

NutFlush920

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Sep 20, 2007
Green Bay, WI
I first learned about monoprice on this site for cable and they are great (products and price) so I come to the site with needing help finding another item I am looking to purchase.

I now have SWM going to all my rooms with HD DVR's. I want to wire each room with a wall plate that has 1 CAT5e and 1 RG6 connection. Right now all my wall plates only accommodate 2 RG6 and I would like VOD on all the receivers.

Can someone suggest a site to get a number of wall plates that accommodate 1 CAT5e and 1 RG6 connection for the rooms in my home? I know I can get them at my local home improvement store but, I don't want to drop a small fortune on this little project.

Thanks in advance.

Are they 1-piece wallplates with 2 F-81 connectors, or are they 2-port keystone wallplates with F-81 inserts? If inserts, you can just get RJ-45 inserts for them.

i would suggest the keystone plates. you can pick whatever kind of jacks you want. monoprice has a pretty good selection. i have them in all of my rooms. mine are set up with a cat6 jack, a phone jack, and 3 f jacks.

I would reccommend keystone plates and jacks as well. Alternatively, Channel Plus makes a box with 3 Rj45s and 2 coax. They call them TAP (Total Access Ports). I've used them before. You can get them from a number of place on line and they may save you a few pennies.

I'm pulling coax and cat5 in a house we recently bought. I'm using the keystone plates and ports from monoprice. I recently decided that since I had plenty of cat5, I may as well run another line to each TV location so I could have network and phone on the same plate as the satellite and antenna feeds. It means a trip to my local home improvement store to get a couple of new keystone plates (I already have the keystone jacks I need) and I think those plates are about a buck and a half each.

So my suggestion is, as others have said, to go with the keystone jacks and plates because they are super easy to work with. Here's a hint. If you know you'll use 4 jacks in a plate, get a 6-hole plate and some blanks. If you know you'll be using 3 jacks on a plate, get a 4-hole and some blanks. If I had done this myself, I wouldn't be running to the local home improvement place to get different plates! :D

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)