Wall Plates

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

NutFlush920

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Sep 20, 2007
Green Bay, WI
I first learned about monoprice on this site for cable and they are great (products and price) so I come to the site with needing help finding another item I am looking to purchase.

I now have SWM going to all my rooms with HD DVR's. I want to wire each room with a wall plate that has 1 CAT5e and 1 RG6 connection. Right now all my wall plates only accommodate 2 RG6 and I would like VOD on all the receivers.

Can someone suggest a site to get a number of wall plates that accommodate 1 CAT5e and 1 RG6 connection for the rooms in my home? I know I can get them at my local home improvement store but, I don't want to drop a small fortune on this little project.

Thanks in advance.

Are they 1-piece wallplates with 2 F-81 connectors, or are they 2-port keystone wallplates with F-81 inserts? If inserts, you can just get RJ-45 inserts for them.

i would suggest the keystone plates. you can pick whatever kind of jacks you want. monoprice has a pretty good selection. i have them in all of my rooms. mine are set up with a cat6 jack, a phone jack, and 3 f jacks.

I would reccommend keystone plates and jacks as well. Alternatively, Channel Plus makes a box with 3 Rj45s and 2 coax. They call them TAP (Total Access Ports). I've used them before. You can get them from a number of place on line and they may save you a few pennies.

I'm pulling coax and cat5 in a house we recently bought. I'm using the keystone plates and ports from monoprice. I recently decided that since I had plenty of cat5, I may as well run another line to each TV location so I could have network and phone on the same plate as the satellite and antenna feeds. It means a trip to my local home improvement store to get a couple of new keystone plates (I already have the keystone jacks I need) and I think those plates are about a buck and a half each.

So my suggestion is, as others have said, to go with the keystone jacks and plates because they are super easy to work with. Here's a hint. If you know you'll use 4 jacks in a plate, get a 6-hole plate and some blanks. If you know you'll be using 3 jacks on a plate, get a 4-hole and some blanks. If I had done this myself, I wouldn't be running to the local home improvement place to get different plates! :D

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts