Wall Plates

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Hilbe

Original poster
Oct 12, 2005
So I'm rewiring my house with some nice dual RG6 (quad shielded) cables for use with my DirecTivos and wondering what wall plates I should use. Obviously I'll need dual coaxial wall plates, maybe with telephone. Any specific ones work better? I've seen some stuff about "DSS" and 2.2ghz, but I'm not sure what would be best with RG6. Any suggestions/links appreciated.

Rewiring the house

If you are pullign new cable thru I would also suggest running a few extra coax cables in the wall for future use, IE off air runs, back feed tivo's into other rooms etc, cable is cheap it is a lot easier to do it now than later!!!

Sigh it's much easier to use blank plates.
I don't know how many times I had to take off a wallplate because the cheap push on(snap and seal) connector was bad.

My vote is for keystone plates (basically generic version of Leviton QuickPort) with the required inserts. The RG6 inserts actually arent too expensive at HD (17 bux for 20 of them). The CAT5 inserts are expensive locally, so I order those over the net.

I assume by blank plates everyone is referring to plates with just a hole in the middle and the wires coming straight thru? Never looked professional in my opinion (although I guess its a moot point if your TV covers up where the wires come in, unfortunately thats not the case in my home).

-Chris

chrisexv6 said:
My vote is for keystone plates (basically generic version of Leviton QuickPort) with the required inserts. The RG6 inserts actually arent too expensive at HD (17 bux for 20 of them). The CAT5 inserts are expensive locally, so I order those over the net.

I assume by blank plates everyone is referring to plates with just a hole in the middle and the wires coming straight thru? Never looked professional in my opinion (although I guess its a moot point if your TV covers up where the wires come in, unfortunately thats not the case in my home).

-Chris

Blank plates are just that. No hole, no nothing. Just tell the installer the wire are behind the plate.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts