Wall Street Journal reporter needing help

Status
Not open for further replies.

Peter Grant

Original poster
Jan 20, 2005
Hi,
I am the Wall Street Journal reporter who's been covering the latest upheaval at Voom/Cablevision. I'm trying to verify the authenticity of the memo supposedly send to Rainbow DBS employees regarding Cablevision's plans to sell Voom as an operating venture that was posted on this site yesterday. Would greatly appreciate any calls or emails from people who received it. Thanks.
Peter Grant
Reporter
The Wall Street Journal
212-416-2693
peter.grant@wsj.com

That is not exactly what it said or all that it said.

i honestly dont know how many people on this board are going to help you. Especially since all the stock journalist have been saying bad things for voom since before the satellite was ever launched. If some of you would have been able to see the vision that Charles had and given it 3-5yrs to become profitable, just like you do with companies xm and sirius, both who are still losing money, voom may have had at least a fighting chance. When everyone gets on the new guy for saying the will never succeed, customers who dont fully understand the technology dont even bother looking at the company. They think why should i sign up for this one everyone is predicting that within a year or two they will be out of business.

I only hope that Charles and Tom do buy Voom and show all of you stock journalist that you have your head up your ass, and when it is bigger then direct tv and dish and is converting more cable subscribers over to them, they(Charles and Tom) will be laughing all the way to the bank. I am sure that as soon as it does start to show significant growth in probably another year or two, most of you stock journalist will change your mind have a buy or overperform rating on the stock, thinking its the next best thing to happen to tv since color.

Hey Peter, Dan Rather accually has the memo right now and is authenticating it!! LOL :D :clap

Just kidding though. I don't know if it is real or not.

I find it refreshing that you came hear looking for the info. I guess there are some reporters that do research nowadays. Most of them are repeaters and not reporters.

Welcome to the forum, Peter!

hbk409 said:
i honestly dont know how many people on this board are going to help you. Especially since all the stock journalist have been saying bad things for voom since before the satellite was ever launched. If some of you would have been able to see the vision that Charles had and given it 3-5yrs to become profitable, just like you do with companies xm and sirius, both who are still losing money, voom may have had at least a fighting chance.

It's called Freedom of the Press.
If we did not have that ( and to honest, I do wonder how much Freedom the Press has lately ), we would be in places where they say things like:
( " They are nowhere near the airport",
"They are nowhere near Baghdad" )
With no chance of the truth.

And to blame Voom maybe going down on "all the stock journalist" is nuts.
Voom had everything going wrong that could go wrong either by their own fault ( STB problems, repeats of programing, billing, can't get into Big Box stores like Best Buy because of contracts with D* or E*, the dumbest marketing "persons" in the world ) or others ( Install, INC which involves missed appointments, installers who did not know what they were doing because of no training or total ********'s, the installers who told customers that V* was crap and tried to get them to get E* or D* instead because they would make more money then, antennas/bigger dishes that could not get the locals or lose signal and take a while to get bigger antennas or 24" dish, etc )

And to be fair, Dish Network ( and to a lesser extent DirecTV ) has a lot of these same problems, and it surprises me everyday they are still doing OK.

Kentstater72 said:
Bruce
Could you ramble some more for our guest, I'm sure he is interested in your views regarding Voom and Social Security.

Well, they are both at risk as far as going away. :p

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts