Wally and Hopper Duo on Same Dish

Still doesn't seem like it should work, but maybe there is a strange compatibility with them I didn't know about. Wally shouldn't be picky about the port, so that seems strange to me, but if you have issues with the switch ever, which I think you might, try to hook the Wally to port one on the LNBF and the Hopper with Sling to port two, the Hopper with Sling is intended to work on either hybrid port, due to multi-hopper installations.
I also don’t think that will work. My understanding is with even two Wally’s on a hybrid lnb you still have to run a channel stack splitter on port 1 and you can’t run a Wally on port 2.

Well hopefully the current setup continues to work. The reason I worry is that a DPH42 switch is meant to work with a DPP LNB, not DPH.
Yea like I said I have a dpp lnb I just got in that I am going to swap out in place of the hybrid lnb. I want to use the hybrid for my mobile dish setup so hopefully that won't be an issue; however, I've heard of a lot of other people on here mention having luck with the eastern arc hybrid lnb's and the dph42 switch. It apparently won't work with the western arc lnb but for some reason does with the easern arc.

You can run both from a DPH LNB, no switch. Hopper Duo should be connected to port one, running to a solo hybrid hub. Port two should run to a ground block, then directly to the Wally. No need for any weird setups.
Incorrect. Both of these receivers run in Hybrid mode, which disables port #2 on a DPH LNB. What you are saying only applies to a DPP LNB. The OP is running a HWS but it’s the same problem, if the Hopper is on port 1 and Wally on 2, The Hopper will work but then the Wally will complain about not being connected to port 1, and vise versa the Wally works but Hopper will not get a signal while on port 2. It seems like an unnecessary limitation to me, but it’s a limitation nonetheless.
Well hopefully the current setup continues to work. The reason I worry is that a DPH42 switch is meant to work with a DPP LNB, not DPH.
While switches are designed to be used with DPP LNB’s, it’s been reported that people in EA have had success using DPH LNB’s. This is because the internal switches on them have a DPP retro-compatibility mode, and given the LNB has two outputs you can get both sats feed to a switch. This would not work well for WA, since the two outputs would only feed 119/110. Here you sort of have a point, until it has been proved that DPH LNBs won’t affect functionality in the long run, it’s better to keep recommending DPP’s but DPH’s do work nonetheless.

Reactions: charlesrshell
Yea like I said I have a dpp lnb I just got in that I am going to swap out in place of the hybrid lnb. I want to use the hybrid for my mobile dish setup so hopefully that won't be an issue; however, I've heard of a lot of other people on here mention having luck with the eastern arc hybrid lnb's and the dph42 switch. It apparently won't work with the western arc lnb but for some reason does with the easern arc.
Depending on what you plan on taking on the road you have two options here. If you want to use your Hopper (or buy a second one) on the go then go ahead and replace the DPH on the roof since you will need it. If you are going to do one or multiple Wally’s instead the I would leave the DPH on the roof and use the DPP on that 1000.4 you have (or 1000.2 to avoid headaches). Reason being the DPH will run a Hopper but only one, while the DPP has 3 outputs for DPP compatible receivers like Wally/211 etc.

Depending on what you plan on taking on the road you have two options here. If you want to use your Hopper (or buy a second one) on the go then go ahead and replace the DPH on the roof since you will need it. If you are going to do one or multiple Wally’s instead the I would leave the DPH on the roof and use the DPP on that 1000.4 you have (or 1000.2 to avoid headaches). Reason being the DPH will run a Hopper but only one, while the DPP has 3 outputs for DPP compatible receivers like Wally/211 etc.
My intention is to run a pair of wally's off of my mobile dish. I want to be able to use my hopper w/ sling at the house and when I'm home run at least one of my wallys. My understanding is the dph lnb with a channel stack splitter can run several wally's whereas to do that with a dpp lnb I would have to get another dph42 for the road.

My intention is to run a pair of wally's off of my mobile dish. I want to be able to use my hopper w/ sling at the house and when I'm home run at least one of my wallys. My understanding is the dph lnb with a channel stack splitter can run several wally's whereas to do that with a dpp lnb I would have to get another dph42 for the road.
Then you can do either. You can use the DPH with the channel stack splitter, or run two cables from the DPP LNB to the Wally's, no need for a DPH42. The DPP's don't have the same limitation as the DPH's so you can run more then one Wally on them no problem (up to three), no Hoppers on a DPP without a switch or node however.

Then you can do either. You can use the DPH with the channel stack splitter, or run two cables from the DPP LNB to the Wally's, no need for a DPH42. The DPP's don't have the same limitation as the DPH's so you can run more then one Wally on them no problem (up to three), no Hoppers on a DPP without a switch or node however.
Man wish I had known that before I got the dph42 lol. Everyone seemed to imply I needed the dph42 and the dpp to run the hopper w/ sling and the wally.

Man wish I had known that before I got the dph42 lol. Everyone seemed to imply I needed the dph42 and the dpp to run the hopper w/ sling and the wally.
You do. Read my post again, the DPP can serve two Wally receivers no problem, at your house you needed something to run both a Hopper and Wally which would of ended in either a DPH42 or Solo Node.

You do. Read my post again, the DPP can serve two Wally receivers no problem, at your house you needed something to run both a Hopper and Wally which would of ended in either a DPH42 or Solo Node.
Oh ok sorry I've got a cold and am a little groggy from cold medicine at the moment. The only advantage to going then dph lnb then on my rv would be that I could run more than two wally's if I wanted to then, correct? I am hoping to be able to share the dish with my father-in-law who camps with us often who I just picked up a wally for when they were on sale the other day over at dishformyrv for $20. I could see us getting to the point of wanting to run 3 wally's total. One in his RV and two in mine. Luckily my home dish is pole mounted on the ground so it's easy to work on if I want to swap out lnb's.

Oh ok sorry I've got a cold and am a little groggy from cold medicine at the moment. The only advantage to going then dph lnb then on my rv would be that I could run more than two wally's if I wanted to then, correct? I am hoping to be able to share the dish with my father-in-law who camps with us often who I just picked up a wally for when they were on sale the other day over at dishformyrv for $20. I could see us getting to the point of wanting to run 3 wally's total. One in his RV and two in mine. Luckily my home dish is pole mounted on the ground so it's easy to work on if I want to swap out lnb's.
Either type would do 3 Wally's as long as your theory of using channel stack splitters works. Otherwise you can do a DPP LNB with 3 separate runs to each Wally. For the use case you are describing, I would probably get 2 two way splitters, put one on the dish with the tripod to run a cable to each RV, then another splitter within your own RV going to the 2 Wally's.

Either type would do 3 Wally's as long as your theory of using channel stack splitters works. Otherwise you can do a DPP LNB with 3 separate runs to each Wally. For the use case you are describing, I would probably get 2 two way splitters, put one on the dish with the tripod to run a cable to each RV, then another splitter within your own RV going to the 2 Wally's.
I think I might end up going this route the more I think about it. Am I able to run 3 wally's with the dual eastern arc dpp lnb though? It only has 3 coax ports on it and iirc port 3 is an in port. Do the channel stack splitters work with the dpp lnb's? I was thinking they only worked with the dph lnb's or the dph42. If I can do this though I think using the dpp lnb might be ideal since from my understanding it will work with the cheapo satellite signal meters (which I have) which would be nice for aiming out at the campgrounds.

I think I might end up going this route the more I think about it. Am I able to run 3 wally's with the dual eastern arc dpp lnb though? It only has 3 coax ports on it and iirc port 3 is an in port. Do the channel stack splitters work with the dpp lnb's? I was thinking they only worked with the dph lnb's or the dph42. If I can do this though I think using the dpp lnb might be ideal since from my understanding it will work with the cheapo satellite signal meters (which I have) which would be nice for aiming out at the campgrounds.
Not on an Eastern DPP 1000.2. The three ports are outputs so yes, that will work. There is no input on that LNBF

Last edited:
As HipKat mentioned, the EA DPP twin was an exception, it lacks an input port and only has 3 outputs. Also, port three is not the input to any LNB, it’s always port 4, which is absent on this specific LNB module. DPH models only have 3 ports, but the missing port is the 3rd one, which leaves you with 2 outputs and one input on the 4th slot (hence the empty space for a 3rd output).

As HipKat mentioned, the EA DPP twin was an exception, it lacks an input port and only has 3 outputs. Also, port three is not the input to any LNB, it’s always port 4, which is absent on this specific LNB module. DPH models only have 3 ports, but the missing port is the 3rd one, which leaves you with 2 outputs and one input on the 4th slot (hence the empty space for a 3rd output).
So I'm curious how what the third port on the dph lnb is for? I currently am using a dph ea lnb into my dph42 but am only utilizing ports 1/2 and it seems to be working fine (same with the dpp lnb I only used port 1/2 on it). Should I have the 3rd port connected even though everything seems to work and I'm geting both 61.5 and 72 without issues? If I were using a triple lnb would the configuration be different?

So I'm curious how what the third port on the dph lnb is for?
They are to feed three older receivers not the H3 (or the others such as Wally's that can use channel stack splitters). Somebody with a better memory than me can give you a list of the receivers like the H3 that turn off the internal switch in that DPH LNB.

So I'm curious how what the third port on the dph lnb is for? I currently am using a dph ea lnb into my dph42 but am only utilizing ports 1/2 and it seems to be working fine (same with the dpp lnb I only used port 1/2 on it). Should I have the 3rd port connected even though everything seems to work and I'm geting both 61.5 and 72 without issues? If I were using a triple lnb would the configuration be different?
Eastern/Western DPH - 2 outputs, 1 input

Eastern DPP - 3 outputs, 0 inputs - built-in switch allows all three sats to be read by each output, so 3 single tuner receivers can be connected to each output, 3 dual tuners w/separator or 1 Hopper Duo to port 1 out or 1 Hopper 1 & 2 using 2 outputs with 1 output for another single tuner receiver OR all three outputs for 2 Hopper 1's/2's

Western DPP 3 outputs/1 input - built-in switch allows all three sats to be read by each output, so 3 single tuner receivers can be connected to each output, 3 dual tuners w/separator or 1 Hopper Duo to port 1 out or 1 Hopper 1 & 2 using 2 outputs with 1 output for another single tuner receiver OR all three outputs for 2 Hopper 1's/2's

Eastern/Western DPH - 2 outputs, 1 input

Eastern DPP - 3 outputs, 0 inputs - built-in switch allows all three sats to be read by each output, so 3 single tuner receivers can be connected to each output, 3 dual tuners w/separator or 1 Hopper Duo to port 1 out or 1 Hopper 1 & 2 using 2 outputs with 1 output for another single tuner receiver OR all three outputs for 2 Hopper 1's/2's

Western DPP 3 outputs/1 input - built-in switch allows all three sats to be read by each output, so 3 single tuner receivers can be connected to each output, 3 dual tuners w/separator or 1 Hopper Duo to port 1 out or 1 Hopper 1 & 2 using 2 outputs with 1 output for another single tuner receiver OR all three outputs for 2 Hopper 1's/2's
So since the Wally's are dual tuners do they need anything special to be able to use both tuners using the dpp lnb's?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 6)