Wally on DUO NODE 185836

So on the DPP44 I connect the three line from the dish to the “To Dish “ port 1,2 & 3. Then connect the Wally to Port 1with the power inverter and the two lines for the two Hoppers connect to port 2 & 3 to “receiver satellite in” and those stay connected to duo node on “to host” ports.
OK, for the 2 Hoppers and Wally:
3 Lines to the DPP44 Switch. Port 1 out to the Poppwer Inserter and Wally.
Ports 2, 3, 4 out to the Duo Node. Host lines to Hoppers.

For a Hopper 3 with Joeys and Wally:
3 Lines to the DPP44 Switch.
Port 1 out to the Wally/Power Inserter.
Ports 2, 3, 4 to a DPH42 Switch.
Port 1 to a Solo Hub for the Hopper 3 and Joeys.

I'm not even sure where the 211 comes in to the story

Reactions: charlesrshell
...the Poppwer Inserter...
That Inserter is vewwy poppwer. It has a wot of fwends. :biggrin

I'm not even sure where the 211 comes in to the story
I'm familiar with that from a private conversation with AkaDoubleG. Basically the idea is to duplicate my setup, which connects my DPP44 to my DPH42. In addition to the four regular outputs on the DPP44, there are also four passthrough trunk ports, that send the satellite signal connected to each input straight through to the respective passthrough port. So, rather than taking three of the available ports away from the DPP44, as you seemed to describe...
3 Lines to the DPP44 Switch.
Port 1 out to the Wally/Power Inserter.
Ports 2, 3, 4 to a DPH42 Switch.
...the DPH42 actually adds two output ports (in this case, DPH ports) while leaving the regular DPP44 ports 2, 3, and 4 available for additional receivers. This is how additional receivers such as the ViP211k would be added. I have used those DPP44 ports for various other receivers over the years, such as a ViP222k for example. I currently use two of those ports for deactivated 512 receivers that still work for free preview channels as long as Dish continues to broadcast in MPEG-2. (Yes, I know that will not last much longer.)