Wally only outputs 13.1 volts, won't run X2 consistently

gozierdt

Original poster
Nov 27, 2015
California, USA
In our Motorhome, I use a Wally with a Pathway X2. I have had to run an RG6 coax no more than 25 feet long to get the X2 to run, and it's a bit flaky even with that. I have found information that the X2 requires 14-20 volts to run consistently. There are apparently two kinds of Wallies out, one type that outputs 12.9-13.1 volts, and another (newer type?) that outputs about 19 volts. Can I insert 19 v into the second port on the X2? Will that hurt the Wally? I'd even consider buying a new Wally, but people are reporting they're still betting the 13 volt model, with no way to specify you need the 19 v version.

In our Motorhome, I use a Wally with a Pathway X2. I have had to run an RG6 coax no more than 25 feet long to get the X2 to run, and it's a bit flaky even with that. I have found information that the X2 requires 14-20 volts to run consistently. There are apparently two kinds of Wallies out, one type that outputs 12.9-13.1 volts, and another (newer type?) that outputs about 19 volts. Can I insert 19 v into the second port on the X2? Will that hurt the Wally? I'd even consider buying a new Wally, but people are reporting they're still betting the 13 volt model, with no way to specify you need the 19 v version.
Hello gozierdt. We actually only have one type of Wally, although much like the X2, the voltage typically varies from, I believe, 13 - 19 v. What we would recommend to have the best experience when using a Wally in paired to the X2, is use as short RG6 coax cable as possible, that has a direct connection to the portable DISH. The Wally is definitely meant to connect direct to the X2 in either ports, so this should not cause any damage to either piece of equipment. - Caleb S

I am observing the same situation. recently changed from a wineguard carryout what I on many occasions had to stretch my cable out close to 300 yards with no problem. Is the Pathway x-2 substandard equipment.

I am observing the same situation. recently changed from a wineguard carryout what I on many occasions had to stretch my cable out close to 300 yards with no problem. Is the Pathway x-2 substandard equipment.

I am observing the same situation. recently changed from a wineguard carryout what I on many occasions had to stretch my cable out close to 300 yards with no problem. Is the Pathway x-2 substandard equipment. Do I need other equipment to use more that 100 foot of coax.

I am observing the same situation. recently changed from a wineguard carryout what I on many occasions had to stretch my cable out close to 300 yards with no problem. Is the Pathway x-2 substandard equipment. Do I need other equipment to use more that 100 foot of coax.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)