Wally setup issues

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

Kbroe2003

Original poster
Nov 19, 2019
Mellen, WI
Need some help here. At home we currently have a hopper w/sling and 2 wireless joeys in the house on a hybrid dish. Our garage has a seperate wally and dpp 1000.2 dish. I wanted to take the wally and set it up at the cabin which is 3 miles away. So at the cabin there is already a dpp1000.2 dish there just not pointed. So i brought it over and mounted the dish. I do not have a meter or anything so i assumed i could just use the meter in the settings on the reciver like i have before. The wally is directly connected to the dish with no couplings or anything. I go into the setup and no matter where i point the dish it will not give me any signal. I ran a check switch just trying to get it to work. And it would not make any progress on the "loading" bar on the screen. I am lost. How do get to view the signal strenght? Thanks.

Need some help here. At home we currently have a hopper w/sling and 2 wireless joeys in the house on a hybrid dish. Our garage has a seperate wally and dpp 1000.2 dish. I wanted to take the wally and set it up at the cabin which is 3 miles away. So at the cabin there is already a dpp1000.2 dish there just not pointed. So i brought it over and mounted the dish. I do not have a meter or anything so i assumed i could just use the meter in the settings on the reciver like i have before. The wally is directly connected to the dish with no couplings or anything. I go into the setup and no matter where i point the dish it will not give me any signal. I ran a check switch just trying to get it to work. And it would not make any progress on the "loading" bar on the screen. I am lost. How do get to view the signal strenght? Thanks.
First, running a check switch without signal is pointless. The whole idea of the check switch is to verify which Dish the Receiver is connected to and which Satellites the Dish is locked onto.
Assuming the Dish is a Western Arc, has 3 "eyes" on it, the settings for the Dish for your area are Skew 115, Elevation 29, Azimuth 218. Make sure the mast is perfectly plumb all around. Set the Receiver on Sat 119, Transponder 21 and turn it very slowly because the signal on the Wally is going to react pretty slow - with a decent delay before signal shows up. TBH, on the Wally and Hopper User interfaces, I don't think I would even use them to point a dish. Many times, there is a Graphical error where nothing shows up in the Signal Bar unless you change tuners on that screen

You have to be dead on or you won't have any signal and like HipKat said the Wally signal meter is not usually useful. Either you'll have to be very patient and try the exact settings then a check switch, then move it a little then a check switch and on and on, it's either that or get a meter. :)

Reactions: charlesrshell
You have to be dead on or you won't have any signal and like HipKat said the Wally signal meter is not usually useful. Either you'll have to be very patient and try the exact settings then a check switch, then move it a little then a check switch and on and on, it's either that or get a meter. :)
Alright thanks for the help guys. I guess i was just used to the directv pointing on the h24s and such i didnt realize it was that much different. I have a meter on the way:thumbup

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)