Wally support multiple remotes?

You can always mirror any video signal, and buy additional remotes, however all rooms receive the same programming. If you want to watch different programming in each room, then no Wally won't fit your needs.

The 222 supports independent SD video to a second room, no DVR though.

The 722 supports independent SD video to a second room and DVR. $10/mo DVR fee

Hopper/Joey systems support HD to multiple rooms with DVR. $15/mo DVR fee

You can add an external drive to Wally to turn it into a DVR for a one-time fee of $40. No monthly DVR fee.

You can always mirror any video signal, and buy additional remotes, however all rooms receive the same programming. If you want to watch different programming in each room, then no Wally won't fit your needs.

The 222 supports independent SD video to a second room, no DVR though.

The 722 supports independent SD video to a second room and DVR. $10/mo DVR fee

Hopper/Joey systems support HD to multiple rooms with DVR. $15/mo DVR fee

You can add an external drive to Wally to turn it into a DVR for a one-time fee of $40. No monthly DVR fee.
His question is about multiple remotes and has nothing to do with anything you've said. Many people like to have two remotes in the same room. I have a 40, 52, and a Harmony remote in my main viewing room. The 40 and 52 are both joined to the Hopper 3. The Harmony is IR based and controls that same Hopper.

Reactions: KAB
Since it hasn't been mentioned in this thread I am just wondering what remote does the Wally use?

Could you expand on this a bit such as what specific models would work and how exactly would the setup be? After all is said and done would this work just like a Hopper or similar?

Thanks

I think it would work like the 211k does with your external hard drive hooked up and you add the ota module , you would get one sat and one ota station recorded at a time-as long as you have an ota antenna hooked up to it. You have to go through DISH and pay the $40.00 fee to turn the wally into a dvr with their software. The shows would look like tiles -like the hopper does ,but I doubt you would get Prime time anytime with 4 networks recorded at one time. But I don't have a Wally receiver to actually look at, I only have experience with the 211k that I have had in the past and continue on my third account, for my Aunt in my name. If the Wally could really do Prime time Anytime with all 4 shows recorded at one time that would be cool and NO monthly dvr fee too. But someone that has the Wally should comment on this one to be sure.

I'm an idiot when it comes to this so bear with me please...

Dish's website says external hard drives must have their own power supply but all I can find online such as Best Buy is WD or Seagate USB ones?

My return to Dish happens tomorrow after nearly 4 years away and I just need one TV covered and opted for the Wally as I didn't care for the DVR fee. However - if I can buy an external and just pay $40 that's icing on the cake.

Your input or suggestions are gladly appreciated.

Try on Amazon to look for "Seagate FREE AGENT Desk 1 tb usb 2.0 desk top external hard drive" model ST 310005FDA2E1-RK {Silver } and they have some that are used or new and they use a power cord. They start as low as $49.08 for a used model and $99.99 for a refurbished one.

Reactions: Yragha

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)