wane tv fort wayne?

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

danristheman

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Jan 25, 2011
85w
I am having a problem with wane tv on all of my tv antenna they do the same thing. Wane tv is strong signal up here but something has happened in the past months. I have noticed that at any part of the day it will drop from at 60 to 70 strength to 30 then back to 60 70. Weather is nice and sunny happens all day long any ideas?

I am having a problem with wane tv on all of my tv antenna they do the same thing. Wane tv is strong signal up here but something has happened in the past months. I have noticed that at any part of the day it will drop from at 60 to 70 strength to 30 then back to 60 70. Weather is nice and sunny happens all day long any ideas?
Start off with information about your system. What is the tvfool report, what antenna are you using, how many TV's? Your symptoms could have many causes.

All of the tv antennas are 4 bay uhf antennas one has outdoor booster is an outside of the building. Max height for the antennas 10'. One tv is an flat screen 42'' LG other 2 have tuner boxes older tube tv's. fort wayne is the closest market for me.

All of the tv antennas are 4 bay uhf antennas one has outdoor booster is an outside of the building. Max height for the antennas 10'. One tv is an flat screen 42'' LG other 2 have tuner boxes older tube tv's. fort wayne is the closest market for me.
Do you want help? You need to provide information besides the symptoms. A guess from your posting is you have 3 four bay antennas indoors on 3 TV's. Fort Wayne is XXX miles South /North East or West of you.

Yes I need help. One of the 4 bay antennas is outside the others are in the bedrooms. I am about 40 miles north of fort wayne. the towers are located off of hiligas rd in Fort Wayne indiana. tv antennas that are in the bedrooms are less than 10' of rg6 cause of no booster amp.

Click HERE: TVFool Put in your specifics, then copy/paste the link provided to the report in the thread. 40 miles could put you on the fringe for reception. Could be another station came ON AIR causing adjacent or co-channel problems, who knows????
example: http://www.tvfool.com/?option=com_wrapper&Itemid=29&q=id=e1c6dfe1fc6323
But at 40 miles, indoor antennas IMHO are iffy, especially now that the foliage has 'filled out'.

Using 46801 zip for Ft. Wayne from google I found Angola was about 40 miles North of Ft. Wayne. zip code 46703.

Using 46703 and 8' above ground on TVfool you are lucky to receive anything reliably'
WINM Ch12 LOS 140* VHF ind. 16 mi.
WANE Ch31 2EDGE 194*CBS UHF38Mi.
WISE Ch18 2EDGE 195* NBC 37.8 mi.
WPTA CH24 2EDGE 195* ABC 37.8 mi.
WFWA CH40 2EDGE 195* PBS 37.8 mi.
WFFT Ch36 2EDGE 196* FOX 37.5 mi.

Using 46801 zip for Ft. Wayne from google I found Angola was about 40 miles North of Ft. Wayne. zip code 46703.
That's what I guestimated also. Service Contour map
Wane tv is strong signal up here but something has happened in the past months.
Yeah the leaves have 'filled out'. I'd go check that out door antenna and amplifier. If it's 20-30 ft off the ground it has the best chance of getting it. (connectors for corrosion, Replace the cable/transformer, aim*) Then if that works, split that signal to the other 'sets'.
*If it's multipath that's not too overpowering, placing its source in a null in the antennas response should minimize this. A 4 bay antenna has around a ±60 degree main lobe so aiming 30 degrees 'off' line doesn't lose much in gain.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts