Want a XBOX ONE X?

I ordered through GameStop in store as I had almost 400 dollars of credit through trade in credit. I also got a pre order through Amazon and Best Buy just in case.

Anyone think there is any hope of getting Dolby Vision added to the features of the 4K Bluray player? I figure folks around here might give a bit of insight. I don't want an Oppo or the LG that currently features it.

I got an email from Gamestop offering $200 of trade in credit towards an Xbox One X. They don't specify what you have to turn in for that $200 but if it's the original Xbox One I will probably do it.

Anyone think there is any hope of getting Dolby Vision added to the features of the 4K Bluray player? I figure folks around here might give a bit of insight. I don't want an Oppo or the LG that currently features it.

It's possible. Bitstreamed blu-ray audio wasn't possible on the Xbox One until not too long ago. They eventually added it in because people wanted to be able to get Dolby Atmos from the Xbox. If there is enough demand for Dolby Vision I could see it happening.

Reactions: fireponcoal
I'm pretty certain it's for the One S and I know one has to be a Power Up Rewards member. I think it's 100 for the OG Xbox.

I'm pretty certain it's for the One S and I know one has to be a Power Up Rewards member. I think it's 100 for the OG Xbox.

That makes sense but if that's the case I'll probably pass for now. I'd like the Xbox One X since I do have a 4K TV and I don't have a 4K blu-ray player yet but I'm not sure I can justify it at $400 after trading in my original Xbox One.

I did buy a PS4 Pro but that was a little easier to justify because Sony is actually putting out great exclusive games. For all of 2017 Xbox will only have 2 AAA exclusives and that's if you count Halo Wars 2 as a AAA game. The only other AAA exclusive this year is Forza 7. Racing fans love Forza and I really like the more arcadey Forza Horizon games but only realistic racing sim fans will care about Forza 7. I like my Xbox One but it currently gets most of it's use playing backwards compatible 360 games. I've also been playing most of the Microsoft exclusives on my PC lately but that would probably change if I could play them in 4K in the living room.

For $300 after trading in my original Xbox One I could justify buying the X because I don't have a 4K blu-ray player yet. At $400 it's a bit of a stretch since there are 4K blu-ray players in the $200-$250 range that would work better for me. Since my AVR does not support 4K or HDR there is no way for me to get lossless blu-ray audio and 4K/HDR at the same time out of a Xbox One X. I would have to plug the Xbox directly into my TV and use ARC to get more compressed Dolby Digital. Those cheaper blu-ray players I mentioned have fixed this problem by providing 2 HDMI ports. One goes directly to the TV to provide 4K/HDR and the other goes to the AVR to deliver the lossless audio.

I want an Xbox One X but the price point just doesn't make sense for me with the other options I have available. If my only gaming system was the Xbox One I would definitely make the upgrade but since I also have a PS4 Pro and a nice gaming PC and there are better 4K blu-ray options for me it's tough to justify.

Reactions: KE4EST

Yeah, with those trade in prices I can't really recommend this for anyone. The fairest offer is probably the $150 for Xbox One S or PS4 owners looking to upgrade. Getting $200 for a $400 PS4 Pro would be hard to stomach. Getting $200 for a used Switch that goes for $300 new doesn't seem bad on the surface but they are still hard to find. You can probably still get close to the $300 you paid for it selling elsewhere.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 2)