Want Sirius Now?

HDTV Rookie said:
IMHO the 80's was the best decade of music when compared to the 90's and what we have heard in this century.

It depends on your age. For many of us there hasn't been any decent music since the early 70s (before disco).

Bill R said:
It depends on your age. For many of us there hasn't been any decent music since the early 70s (before disco).

I hear ya.... I'm listening to the 50's on XM Radio right now. Now that was an era. :yes

I'm in my mid 30's.

Yes the motown sound of the 70's was great. I mean, if you look at my music collection, I have stuff from the Manhattans, Stylistics, Lou Rawls, Teddy P. Delphonics etc.

But all around, in every genre, I think the 80's was the best

It seems fairly consistent that people look back on the music that was populuar during their teenage/high school years as "the best" music.

Class of 86 Rules!

Bill R said:
Or UNTIL the 80's. :)

snathanb said:
It seems fairly consistent that people look back on the music that was populuar during their teenage/high school years as "the best" music.
Agreed, although over the past twenty years I have grown beyond the music I liked when I graduated high school. I now listen to the lyrics and can't believe the messages I was pumping into my brain.

Since I don't like modern "popular" music it is easier to notice those messages in the stuff I hear today. I believe a lot of other 80's grads are picking up their kid's lyrics and forgetting the lyrics of their own youth.

JL

I am trying to use this at work with WMP 7.0 ... I get the no channel info, just a generic "wmbcast_sirius_radio-na-regional ..." (see attachment) and a random channel. When I use the next track button to change channels (or double click on the wmbcast line), the channel list pops up for just a second or two, then goes away again.

Anybody else see this or have a solution? (Note that upgrading WMP is not an option.) Thanks.

Edit: well, I (kinda) answered my own question ... if you go to

http://www.siriusbackstage.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=5771

it has the asx file Scott provided, but also links to the individual music streams. These get me to the music I want without having to skip around.

Attachments

• wmp1.jpg
    wmp1.jpg
    42.4 KB · Views: 110
jrbdmb said:
I am trying to use this at work with WMP 7.0 ... I get the no channel info, just a generic "wmbcast_sirius_radio-na-regional ..." (see attachment) and a random channel. When I use the next track button to change channels (or double click on the wmbcast line), the channel list pops up for just a second or two, then goes away again.

Anybody else see this or have a solution? (Note that upgrading WMP is not an option.) Thanks.

Edit: well, I (kinda) answered my own question ... if you go to

http://www.siriusbackstage.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=5771

it has the asx file Scott provided, but also links to the individual music streams. These get me to the music I want without having to skip around.

Thanks for passing that one on. I had the same probelm that you did with WMP, this makes it simple.

That's exactly what I was looking for too! Thanks jrbdmb - I am stuck with WMP 6.4 with no upgrade option here at work. This collection of links works like a champ! :D

Forget paying for Satellite Radio. I bought myself a 20Gig iPod a few weeks ago and have ditched CD's for good. I can hookup to my home stereo (or anyone's home stereo) and my car as well. I have access to thousands of songs at the flick of my thumb at any given time, anywhere. And I have playlists sorted by Genre, Artist, Album, etc. So I can listen to WHAT I want, WHEN I want, WHERE I want. It gets no better than this.

Granted, it's way overpriced. But once you consider the capabilities, I didn't mind doing it. Originally I bought the 20GB model for 399$ but took it back as I thought paying $100 more for twice the storage was worth it. So my 40GB was $499. Yep, OUCH. But in the long run, I really think it's worth it. There are also cheaper alternatives out there, but once you've used an iPod, all other mp3 players are of stone-age quality. I'm not kidding.

If you want to take the time to do it you can get all your music for free legally too. Just record your favorite music stream on E* on your computer then edit the songs with some kind of editing software. Put them in a format your iPod likes and you are in business. Never pay for music again, and no hassles from the RIAA!

I don't have it here in front of me here at work and as I said I haven't really had a chance to play with it yet. I was hoping maybe someone here was familiar with it since it is a pretty popular program.

LOL. Get off your ass and open up the program. How else are ya gonna find out? YOu want one of us to insert you into the matrix and feed the program to you intravenously? :)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)