Want this Big Dish?

Status
Please reply by conversation.
14karat, not a bad idea, I COULD take it with me... assuming it survives me taking it down! I will keep it, at least to give it to a good home.

So, assuming it comes down: I guess we are saying there is nothing that can really be done with the pole. I see the dish is in sections, is it normally taken apart in sections, or is that only needed when it is up high?

i usually remove them in one piece , it makes for easy re assembly :) if it will be a short move then one piece would be great. But if needed you can take it all the way down its not super hard to put back together. Place it on ground to take apart if you decide to break it down. Use Caution around the feedhorn sometimes little critters make it their home. You would then have to align all the pieces (which isn't to hard.) i usually remove the pole too but here in Arkansas i find the installer used the least amount of concrete they could. I dig around the edge of concrete and loosen the dirt a bit and then nudge it slightly with my truck bumper. if need you can use a sledge and break of a bit too.
in some locations a good section of pipe can cost ya.
if you can recover the ribbon cable ( it will save you from having to find more or making up something that will work in the future). just clip the ends close to the receiver, feedhorn and motor ( this will give you something to go by when reconnecting )

the height of a dish is depending on location, owner and Line of sight LOS i have mine up high so i can mow under it .

Dish is Down! Take it--no disassembly required

Thanks for all the help, we got the dish down! No problems. So if anyone wants it let me know before it goes! We had to break it down to two pieces to fit in my truck and took the wave-guide off, but only the actuator arm is broke from the windstorm. It was not very heavy being the mesh-type. Let me know soon!
Thanks again for all the help!:up

Looks like the one I tried to give away for my in-laws in Moneta. No takers.

CASE CLOSED...BUD is down and will be lovingly restored by Dave. We met, transferred the goods, and had some southern barbecue for lunch. Thanks y'all !

Matt,

Nice meeting up with you. Dave was getting some stainless steel hardware a few days ago.

John

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts