want to buy fta system.. looking for options..

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

goaliebob99

SatelliteGuys Master
Original poster
Supporting Founder
Aug 5, 2004
-.-. .... .. -.-. .- --. ---
hey guys im looking to buy a fta system with a motorized mount so i can surf the satellights.. is there any good deals out there... and is there an itergrated ku / c band lnb.. also if i hook up a fta system to my exitsing dish setup will it work.. (im figuring on dish pro it wont be legacy it will.) I also know the diffrence with the fss sats and the dbs sats.. (circular polorazation and all that) what size of dish will i need... will it be as big as a super dish or as big as a 10 footer????? Laymenz terms people.. thanks..

goaliebob99 said:
hey guys im looking to buy a fta system with a motorized mount so i can surf the satellights.. is there any good deals out there... and is there an itergrated ku / c band lnb.. also if i hook up a fta system to my exitsing dish setup will it work.. (im figuring on dish pro it wont be legacy it will.) I also know the diffrence with the fss sats and the dbs sats.. (circular polorazation and all that) what size of dish will i need... will it be as big as a super dish or as big as a 10 footer????? Laymenz terms people.. thanks..

C-Band 7.5 foot dish or bigger.
KU 30" + (could be incorporated into C-band dish)

As far as what you can pick up on the pizza dish read http://www.satelliteguys.us/showthread.php?t=25452&referrerid=10740

The Free to Air units pick up DVB signals.

There are C/Ku LNB that fit the BIG dishes, but none for the smaller 30" (minimum) that is needed for ku band satellite. You can however have both Ku and DBS LNB on the 30" dish using a dual LNB bracket.
Your right a FTA receiver will not work with DishPro.

what would be the price to get started with a c band @ ku band dish.. reciver .... and is there like a switch that you can get for it and all so u can use both lnbs sorta like a 21 sw.. so i guess im shopping for a 10ft dish

The switch that probably would work would be a DiSEqC switch. It has 2 (or 4) inputs and one output. It allows you to combine multiple dishes or LNB's and run it to the receiver.

Do you already have a C-Band dish?

KU band dishes are around 30" or larger...the larger the better, but 30" is the minimum

I'm assuming you have the real estate then? (if so...lucky ducky)

Heck, some people will give you their old C-Band..."you haul it, you own it"

ebay and local news papers are a great place to get BUD gear because most people that have them think they are not usefull. You can get them on the cheap or darn near free. The FTA/DVP will be around $140 -$229 depending on your features.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts