Pompano beach, Fl
Have not had an antenna on roof since
Last hurricane knocked it down.

Is there a non antenna way to get local
And local over air channels.
Don't want to add another roof antenna.

Would like to run through Direc HR44.

Thanks.

if directv doesn't offer your local channels you will need either an antenna, or you can see how much the cheapest package is from your local cable company and see if it is worth that monthly fee for you to have your locals. if you want to do this through directv, you will need an am21n and an antenna. depending on many factors(terrain, distance, house materials) you may be able to put an antenna in your attic, or near your set. the antenna runs to the am21n, the am21n connect to the 44, then you can use the 44 to record your locals and see guide data. i put my antenna in the attic, it's worked out well for me. one of the benefits of using and antenna to get locals is you also get the sub-channels, like retro tv or antenna tv.

If you are going through the HR44, you will need an AM21. If you are close enough to the local transmitters, you can get ota via an indoor antenna. In Pompano I suspect you can get virtually all of the local channels that way. Have you checked antennaweb.org or tvfool.com? They will give you a good idea of what you are likely to get.

If you are going through the HR44, you will need an AM21. If you are close enough to the local transmitters, you can get ota via an indoor antenna. In Pompano I suspect you can get virtually all of the local channels that way. Have you checked antennaweb.org or tvfool.com? They will give you a good idea of what you are likely to get.

Have not checked any website.
I like having ability to get the over the air
Channels as well.

If turns out to be too much hassle
I'll leave alone.

Thanks so much for your help

go to this page- http://www.tvfool.com/?option=com_wrapper&Itemid=29 enter you address and click "find local channels'. it will give you a chart showing what channels are available and which antenna you would need to receive them. it may only be an indoor antenna like this- http://www.amazon.com/dp/B00DIFIM36/?tag=satell01-20

you can connect that antenna directly to your tv and watch the channels, but if you want to integrate those channels into your dvr so that you can record them, you will need the am21n to go with the antenna.

go to this page- http://www.tvfool.com/?option=com_wrapper&Itemid=29 enter you address and click "find local channels'. it will give you a chart showing what channels are available and which antenna you would need to receive them. it may only be an indoor antenna like this- http://www.amazon.com/AmazonBasics-Ultra-Thin-Indoor-Antenna/dp/B00DIFIM36/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1393871432&sr=8-1&keywords=indoor+tv+antenna you can connect that antenna directly to your tv and watch the channels, but if you want to integrate those channels into your dvr so that you can record them, you will need the am21n to go with the antenna.[/QUOT

Thanks for that info Detroit fan!

Radio Shack has an antenna that you can put in your attic, and it works real good. Just make sure you put it near the vent and at the highest point in your attic.

Radio Shack has an antenna that you can put in your attic, and it works real good. Just make sure you put it near the vent and at the highest point in your attic.

Which one are you refering too ...
I've often been leary of some of these as you just never know whats good and whats not ...

Awhile back we had a discussion about small ota antennas, I dont know if we came to a conclusion on a particular on doing the job in most aplications.

Depending on your location and proximity to the towers... you might get lucky with a straightened paper clip in the antenna jack.

I often wonder if anyone has any luck with the ones you place behind the tv ?
i went to meijer and bought every antenna they had, except the giant one for outdoors. i starte with the cheapest set of rabbit ears, and also tried several other indoor ones, including ones with amplifiers. i could not get anything reliably with them. as soon as i installed the one i linked in the attic, i got really good reception. i'm about 18 miles from the toledo stations.

I went with an Attic install for my UHF & VHF setup. Of course it cost $200 for the two antenna's, mount and Pre-Amp. You do have to have enough head room though, for a decent Attic setup.

i went to meijer and bought every antenna they had, except the giant one for outdoors. i starte with the cheapest set of rabbit ears, and also tried several other indoor ones, including ones with amplifiers. i could not get anything reliably with them. as soon as i installed the one i linked in the attic, i got really good reception. i'm about 18 miles from the toledo stations.

You in Monroe ?

Yep. Monroe Charter Township actually, right next to the city of monroe but with lower taxes and no crime :)

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)