Want to join Directv, Need Help w/ best way to start service

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

belsokar

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Oct 2, 2003
I did some searching, but didn't find anything terribly close to what I'm looking for, and didn't have time to search for hours, so sorry if this has been repeated elsewhere.

I'm a current cable subscriber, and am looking to switch to Directv. I will need essentially 3 receivers.

1 HDTV Tivo, 1 Dual Tuner regular Tivo, and just a stock receiver for a 3rd room.

I'm looking to get the best deal possible, without spending too much out the door, although if I have to spend a little, sign some extended contracts, etc...then that is fine.

I live in Los Angeles, and I want to make sure I can still get the following channels in HD: ABCHD, CBSHD, NBCHD, FOXHD, and ESPNHD...everything else is just gravy.

I've read about the $299 deals on the HDTV Tivo, is that just for existing customers? I am more than willing to sign a 2 year contract to get that price.

I'd also not have to spend more than another $100 on the second tivo...again, I'm willing to sign an extended contract if necessary.

Finally, I heard of a Sunday Ticket deal right now for new users that is something like $69.99/month (for 4 months), and includes sunday ticket, premium programming, and no receiver fees for 4 months...

I'm just sick of cable, and my VERY limited 80gb HD DVR which only records about 8-10 hours of programming in HD.

I've been out of the satellite loop for a while, so I'm not sure of the best ways to get deals on these boxes and services, but I appreciate anyone's help!

belsokar said:
I did some searching, but didn't find anything terribly close to what I'm looking for, and didn't have time to search for hours, so sorry if this has been repeated elsewhere.

I'm a current cable subscriber, and am looking to switch to Directv. I will need essentially 3 receivers.

1 HDTV Tivo, 1 Dual Tuner regular Tivo, and just a stock receiver for a 3rd room.

I'm looking to get the best deal possible, without spending too much out the door, although if I have to spend a little, sign some extended contracts, etc...then that is fine.

I live in Los Angeles, and I want to make sure I can still get the following channels in HD: ABCHD, CBSHD, NBCHD, FOXHD, and ESPNHD...everything else is just gravy.

I've read about the $299 deals on the HDTV Tivo, is that just for existing customers? I am more than willing to sign a 2 year contract to get that price.

I'd also not have to spend more than another $100 on the second tivo...again, I'm willing to sign an extended contract if necessary.

Finally, I heard of a Sunday Ticket deal right now for new users that is something like $69.99/month (for 4 months), and includes sunday ticket, premium programming, and no receiver fees for 4 months...

I'm just sick of cable, and my VERY limited 80gb HD DVR which only records about 8-10 hours of programming in HD.

I've been out of the satellite loop for a while, so I'm not sure of the best ways to get deals on these boxes and services, but I appreciate anyone's help!

I called Robert at VE and ordered the SD Tivo at about nothing net cost.

Then I spent several minutes very politely talking to the customer retention folks AFTER I was an existing customer of four days. With some patient discussion I was given the HD-DVR for about $175 net. I can then move the SD DVR to the second TV.

Read the long post in the Direct DVR area, no pain no gain.

There are some who seem to be unable to get any deal and many who have succeeded as I did. Several who have received a much better deal than me:no. It has been called CSR roulette and some times the little ball is fun to watch and some times it has a mind of its own. YMMV a lot:shocked

nater

nater said:
I called Robert at VE and ordered the SD Tivo at about nothing net cost.

Then I spent several minutes very politely talking to the customer retention folks AFTER I was an existing customer of four days. With some patient discussion I was given the HD-DVR for about $175 net. I can then move the SD DVR to the second TV.

Read the long post in the Direct DVR area, no pain no gain.

There are some who seem to be unable to get any deal and many who have succeeded as I did. Several who have received a much better deal than me:no. It has been called CSR roulette and some times the little ball is fun to watch and some times it has a mind of its own. YMMV a lot:shocked

nater

sorry to ask this, but what is VE?

also, when you called directv, did you say or ask for anything in particular? Or did you just mention the $299 deal you have seen online? Any other tips on how best to approach this?

thanks for the feedback

Value Electronics. They are a site sponsor.

They are THE BEST Directv dealer on the internet!! Robert will take very good care of you.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)