"Want to star in a DISH Network TV commercial?"

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

120inna55

Supporting Founder
Original poster
Supporting Founder
Sep 14, 2003
Athens, Texas, United States
I assume many of you have received this email from DISH. If so, did you respond? I don't care about being on TV (I'm not much to look at). But the one month of free programming is enticing.

Dear XXXX XXXXXX,

Do you have a favorite referral story to tell? We’d love to hear it. We are looking for ClubDISH members who would like to appear in an upcoming TV commercial for DISH Network Satellite TV. No acting experience necessary- we are simply looking for “real people” who can tell America in their own words, what it is like to recommend DISH Network to their friends and family through our ClubDISH program.

* Taping would be done at your residence between August 8th and August 20th and will take approximately 4 hours.
* There is nothing to memorize. We simply want to hear what you have to say in your own words.
* If you are selected you will receive 1 month of programming on us.

If you would like to participate please click the button below and share your story with us! (If possible please attach a digital picture.)

P.S. Time is limited. Please respond by July 28, 2005, to be considered. You must be at least 18 years of age.
Sincerely,

Leanna Sultan
Vice President of Customer Communications and Loyalty

Pretty cheap actors for Dish. Some of those selected will get $40-$50 of free programming for appearing in a commercial. Let them try to get professionals for those amounts.

The cost for processing all of the paperwork, flying either them to the cameras or the cameras to them, shooting costs, processing costs, editing costs, and everything else will dwarf that $40-$50.

I think Dish should pay everyone at least $200 in credits. Then you might get more people interested in participating.

Yes, please disrupt my life and invade my home for an entire day; please feel free to use my image and comments in anyway you like; please feel free for your camera man to track dirt onto my carpets and piss all over the back of my toilets...all for a couple bucks. Yikes! It seems to me that one year of free programming would be fair compensation - one month is laughable.

riffjim4069 said:
Yes, please disrupt my life and invade my home for an entire day; please feel free to use my image and comments in anyway you like; please feel free for your camera man to track dirt onto my carpets and piss all over the back of my toilets...all for a couple bucks. Yikes! It seems to me that one year of free programming would be fair compensation - one month is laughable.
All good points.

I wonder why they are being so cheap.

:)

LER

I got one from VOOM and though I was not chosen to go, I did get 6 months of free service, which unfortunately started in March of this year. I think I ended up getting 2 months free.

Considering the hillbillies who will sign right up for this (I live in ohio, I can call anyone a hillbilly that I want...), I can't WAIT to see these commercials...=)>

Why get respected actors when you can get rednecks with those singing fish on the wall behind their receivers?!?

120inna55 said:
I assume many of you have received this email from DISH. If so, did you respond? I don't care about being on TV (I'm not much to look at). But the one month of free programming is enticing.

How many teeth do you have in your head? Usually the folks selected for these Charlie Chat commercials only have one or two teeth in their head.

If you have more then two teeth I would not apply. :D

Oh nice! I think I will apply to get my FREE pay per view coupon for the days work!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)