Want to switch from Legacy to Dishpro but....

cruzmisl

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Dec 29, 2004
I'm not sure what I need to buy. My current set up is a Dish 500 (twin lnb) and a Dish 300 (dual lnb) all being switched by 2 Sw-21's (one for each tuner) and into my 942 that is on a single TV. This gives me the maximum recording options while surfing.

What do I need to swith over to Dishpro LNB's? I'm tired of the 38 step check switch and intermittent "problem detected with your switch" errors.

Thanks,
Joe

i would upgrade to the vip622 and they will upgrade all your equipment to dpp. even the vip211 for $49 they will still upgrade your system.

Best bet would probably be a DPP Dual and a DP single. I'd check out Ebay and you should be able to get out pretty darn cheep. Or if you can find an installer out, you may be able to throw a good tip his way 30-40 bucks and get it all. I did this recently to get my new tailgate setup. ;)

I hadn't thought about hobojoe's suggestion, but he is 100% right. Just be aware that if you upgrade to the 211 (or a 622) you would have to agree to an 18 mo commitment and upgrade to one of the ViP packages.

Well since I own my 942 my plan was to sell it on ebay and buy a 622. I hate leases and commitments.

If I go the DPP Dual and a DP single would I still be able to record off 61.5 and surf on 61.5 like I do now? I didn't think so but then again I'm not an expert.

Thanks,
Joe

Joe -
You sure would. The switch is built into the DPP Dual. You can record off of any channels on any satellite and still watch any channels on any satellite. Sounds like this is exactly what you are looking for.

OK, that's awesome. Since there was only one 61.5 input I didn't think it was possible.

Thanks a ton!

It's a DPP Twin, not DPP Dual.

"Dual" refers to the same thing as a single but with two outputs.

cruzmisl said:
I'm not sure what I need to buy. My current set up is a Dish 500 (twin lnb) and a Dish 300 (dual lnb) all being switched by 2 Sw-21's (one for each tuner) and into my 942 that is on a single TV. This gives me the maximum recording options while surfing.

What do I need to swith over to Dishpro LNB's? I'm tired of the 38 step check switch and intermittent "problem detected with your switch" errors.

Thanks,
Joe

lol...I have a 12 step check switch with my 6000 and legacy lnb that covers 4 satellite positions. However, the newer ViP211 and 301s have a 50 step check that take close to 15 minutes :(

I can't imagine the DP could be faster than the 12 step check on the 6000.

Amazing how technology goes backwards.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)