Want to try and find some feeds, good sat to try?

Status
Please reply by conversation.

delta_charlie

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
May 12, 2008
Hi all, now that I have my FTA system working well I would like to try and learn the art of finding feeds. Right now I'm using two fixed Ku dishes but my lower dish is easy to get to and move. It is on G18 now and I see that Lyngsat list a few feeds on this bird. Should I simply try running a blind scan and look for new channels? When are the feeds most active? Around news time in the evening?

I think I can hit G26 (93W) from my lower dish and see that it has a lot of feeds listed. Would I be better off moving to it?

The other dish is on Hispasat but it is not too easy to reach so I don't want to move it. Anybody found some interesting feeds on this bird? What time is best to try.

Thanks, DC

Without going into specific detail, lots of feeds are visible on 74w, 79w, 89w, 91w (linear), and 93w. Those are the more active birds, but almost all of the satellites up there have them from time to time. Feed details (transponder frequencies, services, etc.) are not allowed to be discussed in open forum, due to the danger of encryption.

G26 has a lot of news feeds in the afternoon and evening hours. It also has CBS Newspath on continuously ( at least, their Blue Screen), and I typically have that on in the background. :)
Sports feeds, obviously are on more in the evening hours, the feed generally being active an hour or so before the event will start. They could pop on any of the linear birds. Probably the best thing is try G26 first, since you have to manually move it, and blindscan a couple times a day. Remember that the feeds may never show up again in exactly the same place. If you find a lot feeds, over time, you'll have to delete a bunch of unused transponders, or else your stb will get pretty flaky as it runs low on memory.

:)

The other dish is on Hispasat but it is not too easy to reach so I don't want to move it. Anybody found some interesting feeds on this bird? What time is best to try.

Hispasat feeds usually occur on weekends and during the week in the AM or at about 5-6PM.

Feeds are usually for Colombian Goverment ( I've seen their President many times addressing public)

News Feed specifically for Uruguay

Soccer Game Feeds in HD ( used to be 4:2:0 ) - ITC I think ... been a long time since I could watch it.

Other than that .... I once saw a Feed for a Movie including all the promos and that was after midnight ...... so you just never know when something might pop up.

I like AMC 6 at 72W--blindscan this bird--you usually will get a few NBC/MSNBC feeds and often a few more

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)