**Wanted**: Super DMA testers in San Diego & NY

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

Sean Mota

SatelliteGuys Master
Original poster
Supporting Founder
Sep 8, 2003
New York City
Voom is looking to push the Super DMA code and would like to send it to a few testers first. There are two regions identified for the test. San Diego and NY.

In order to qualify you need to be in a region where you can currently see other DMA besides yours. For example, I live in NYC and I can see other DMAs channels from Hartford, CT. Another example, if you are in San Diego can you see other DMA like LA.

Information:
current OTA maps are limited to a single DMA but available through Scanning function.

If you would like to help, please post here that you would like to participate.

You may send myself or Ilya just your full name and we'll send it to the Voom engineers so that you may participate.

Sean_Mota@satelliteguys.us or Ilya@SatelliteGuys.us

In your reply please indicate which city/DMA you are in, and confirm that you can currently scan-in at least one channel from another DMA (you currently don't have the PG info for that channel, but with Super-DMA you will!)

pmalve,

so your current mapping is Hartford or NYC. This will only work if your current DMA is NY otherwise it will not.

***************There goes my 10,000 post**********************

Sean Mota said:
***************There goes my 10,000 post**********************
Congratulations Sean! You did it!
Can you believe that? 10,000 posts!!!

pmalve said:
i am mapped for Hartford but receive NY which show the no info in pg.

No I do not think it can be done since it will screw your mapping but I will enquire about it. I will let you know by posting here.

There goes my 10,001....

Thanks, andrzej. That's about 1-2 years away :).

I have sent the information to VOOM to all that have responded through emails, pm, or this post. So far we have three people from NY and I made an inquiry about pmalve. Anyone from San Diego?

Sean,

I will do it. I see all the San Diego stations and about 20 LA stations. I am officially in the San Diego Market. I will send you an email from home with my information.

Carlos

Hello

just saw this

located in Rumson, NJ (greater NYC area)

would love to participate :)

Mark

I am sending all the information to VOOM. If you are selected for the test, you will see a bunch of channels mapped into your PG.

DMA tester

Hey,
Don't know if I can help, live in Yuma, AZ 85364.
Grandfathered with Dish for distants (NY & San Diego).
Have Voom & Dish with DT and Analogl Locals mapped for CBS NBC and Fox.
I live right in the middle of Phoenix & San Diego area right on the AZ/So Cal border.

Happy Holidays
Hank

DMA Testing in SD

I may be able to help. I live San Diego.

So would you clarify what Super DMA is and what it will give me or point me to a link.

My antenna may get in the way, I tried to get LA stations using a couple different antennas with no luck. I don't get ABC and CBS locally.

Also I may be switching to cox so that I can get NFL playoffs in HD, but would still be happy to test, any incentive for testing, like free voom for a month?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)